Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word 2003 Problem With Templates
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 21 2006, 09:54 AM Wrote:If your Citrix is THAT much slower, there are bigger issues at play. But, your question pertains to Word, so I'll try to stick to that ;)

If the password functionality works as intended then the problem is indeed local to the machine in question. What I would suggest trying  (after backing up a current, passworded copy to an alternate location such as a home folder or other network drive) is completely removing password protection. Open the file, and then open the file via Citrix. Confirm that both methods work without passwords. Then, re-enable the password protection. Test locally, then test via Citrix. If you can successfully add the password back to the file and it works via Citrix but not locally, repair or reinstall Office 2003.

I honestly can't remember where the security modules live for Office 2003 - it's either local to each program or it's part of a shared module library. On that note, I'd recommend at least a full repair first, and failing that, then a fulll install.
[right][snapback]207902[/snapback][/right]

Not to stray too far off the topic but yes, I know Citrix on our network has problems. I predicted this from the start of this upgrade project and voiced my objections loud and long, carefully detailing why I thought using a Citrix portal was a bad idea based on the funders apparent desire to save money over everything else. I was summarily dismissed as a "negative" at the time. Now I'm a "visonary" but that helps us not a whit <_<

As I suspected, I'll have to follow up with our funder to get them to do a remote repair to see if that fixes the local problem or a full re-install. Yet another lovely gotcha with the new setup, we can't touch/modify jack squat on the local PC's WRT to settings and program files, so we have to wait on the "Help Desk" to get their s$%t together to do this type of work...

and I'm still waiting for them to send back my PC after I sent it in Monday with a dead HD :rolleyes:

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Word 2003 Problem With Templates - NefCanuck - 09-22-2006, 12:34 AM