Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part Of Pitbull Ban Struck Down.
Flofocus,Apr 5 2007, 03:31 PM Wrote:I still dont see how banning breeds will stop maulings.  If you think its lip service, fine.  Tell me what else I can do?  Please, tell me.  I'd love to hear your ideas on it.  Dont bother if its 'Ban away'. :rolleyes:  But keep taking things out of context, Its funny.
It's not funny at all and I'm pretty good at discerning context.

Me tell you what else??? if I knew the answer to that we'd be talking about it ... I'm looking to the dog owners for answers and you're not coming up with any. I'm supporting an action that I think will improve things ... besides the status quo what are you supporting?

Flofocus,Apr 5 2007, 03:31 PM Wrote:I will also make sure that they do not harm anybody in anyway.  This is something I want to enjoy in life, completely different than smoking. The similarity is what it sometimes takes to get people's attention and modify certain behaviour ... and a ban seems to fit the bill in both of these cases.

Were to similar, you think I'm lip serive, I think the same of this ban.  It does nothing to stop dog bites other than taking a misunderstood breed out of the picture.
And how do you know this ... logic dictates otherwise and to me the formula seems pretty simple to understand ...

Fewer dangerous dogs + reduced access of said dogs by irresponsible dog owners = less risk of dog attack.

To put it simply: a zero pit bull population by definition means zero pit bull attacks on people - incontrovertible math and there's a sliding scale that goes along with that.

Flofocus,Apr 5 2007, 03:31 PM Wrote:It made the majority of people happy, got the douchebag some points...If you cant see that, then I cannot help you.[right][snapback]233434[/snapback][/right]
The fact that you think this all about politics says to me you are the one who just doesn't get it ... this is about people's safety and well-being and it would be great if you as a dog owner were interested in making things better in that regard, instead of promising to disobey the law and arguing to protect your own narrow interests.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Part Of Pitbull Ban Struck Down. - ZTWsquared - 04-06-2007, 05:48 AM