Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit Off More Than I Could Chew...
Hey Everyone,

Unfortunately I am removing the new Underground Highway Website, and will no longer be ordering performance goodies through the company. Let me explain the situation:

Through Late December and Early January Underground Highway picked up some great new performance oriented suppliers. The majority of these supplier were located in the United States, which was fine. They offered shipping to Canada via FedEx ground.

However, I was the first Canadian dealer to have an account with this distributor, and they were improperly sending the packages to my customers. The problem is that when shipping with FedEx, any charges not paid by the reveiver (customer), get charged back to the shipper (my supplier). Well my supplier received a LARGE bill for Duties, customs, Brokerage and taxes. That forced my supplier has put a hold on all my pending orders.

I have been working (almost around the clock) with FedEx and UPS to design a solution to these issues, and get everything setup so both the supplier, and I are happy. Basically when shipping across the boarder you must (legally anyways, although some don't) declare the commercial value, certificate of origin for duties exemption, tax forums etc etc. Its is quite a long and tedious process, and if the warehouse you deal with isnt setup for it, its very very difficult.

This has forced me to make a decision on the path of my company. Sadly I have decided that the new website will be taken down, and I will focus once again on selling Rims, and Tires, and running Group Buys through the forums. This was truly the most fun for me. Sure, the money was better with all of the new products, but I dont feel that its the best way for me to continue.

For those with pending orders from that supplier (SweetGI think was the only one here), you will have a FULL refund for any and all products or deposits.

Regards,
John Weatherbie

Messages In This Thread
Bit Off More Than I Could Chew... - Slippin3 - 02-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Bit Off More Than I Could Chew... - D-Dub - 02-22-2008, 06:06 AM
Bit Off More Than I Could Chew... - naz - 02-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Bit Off More Than I Could Chew... - P-51 - 02-29-2008, 01:36 PM