Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should I be talking to next? (re. my convertible top)
(09-07-2011, 12:42 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Sell Sell Sell.

You could do this but somehow I think you would feel morally compelled to tell a prospective owner about the problems even if they didn't notice it themselves.

I would sue ... small claims court is not difficult or expensive and it's designed to be lawyer-free ... and frankly it would be less time consuming then what you've spent time-wise so far.

Sue for a lot - max out your claim by whatever legitimate means you can ... sue everyone involved, including Ford if they've had even the most remote involvement (ie: supplied parts or materials) ... and then wait for one of their lawyers to suggest a settlement.

Yes - get 3rd party quotes for the proper repair of the top plus repair of the damages and find a way to monetize the time, effort and aggravation you've accumulated so far.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should I be talking to next? (re. my convertible top) - ZTWsquared - 09-07-2011, 01:06 AM