Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Your (Braided) Brakelines!!
(06-26-2012, 04:24 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: ...

So if you have braided lines make sure you check them carefully. I'm sure Ken can add more information about the vendor, there is another member on here (Pat was his name) that bought through the same group buy, so if any of you know who it is you should give a heads up to him.

When Matt called me this morning to tell me about what happened, needless to say I was glad he and the other driver sustained no injury - that's what not tailgating and having presence of mind will do for you.

Matt's ss braided line came from our spring brake group buy of 2 years ago - and besides Matt, I and another member (Pat) bought a set.

Long story short - my front is frayed too - in the same place Matt's gave out. So far that's a 66% failure rate, which indicates to me a significant problem with these lines.

The manufacturer is Techna-fit which is by all accounts a reputable manufacturer - but as Matt says if you have braided lines of any brand, you might want to take a moment and give them a thorough inspection.

Techna-fit has a lifetime warranty on their kits, so we'll see tonight when I call them if it's worth anything.

My apologies but for the life of me I can't think of who Pat is and I didn't make note of the FC member ID - so anyone who knows Pat please let them know about this thread.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
RE: Check Your (Braided) Brakelines!! - ZTWsquared - 06-26-2012, 04:36 AM