Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Your (Braided) Brakelines!!
That sucks dude...

I don't believe it's the manufacture of the lines fault at all. I chose not to place my lines in that slot on the strut due to the fact of the tight bend it has to make and the amount of movement that area has too. It still sucks tho...

I had a similar accident with a trailer hitch. Blew through the rads and the cross member and the hood was done in too. I paid for it all myself because most places were looking for $2400-$4600. And the Ford Dealer was the low end price lol.

When i wrecked I got a CB Hood and got the A/C and Coolant Rads from a 00-04 year model. It was cheaper to buy those. (Albion Autoparts) All other pieces I got from ford and had a local shop paint the cross member and from bumper. All in, with CB hood costing $550, I was $1500 roughly.

20 min tear down with a 10mm socket and about 1 hour install. It was running in 2 days instead of 2 weeks at a shop.

Good luck!! Post up if you need help

Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Messages In This Thread
RE: Check Your (Braided) Brakelines!! - Scorcher000 - 06-26-2012, 10:20 AM