Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bertuzzi Have Been Reinstated?
ZX3TUNING,Aug 10 2005, 01:13 AM Wrote:...

is moore still hurt? to be honest, i doubt he is. he was walking within a few weeks after the punch... not something common with serious spinal injuries! :rolleyes:
is moore trying to milk the situation? i think he is. like everyone in America, the ability to bullshit your way into a civil suit that could payout large sums of money, everyone hams it up! I believe moore is no better than the people who get into minor accidents and claim major injuries.

the ONLY injury Moore recieved from the punch i would be worried about would be the concussion(sp) which can never be full gauged which also means never be proven to be faking... WHAT LUCK!?

bert missed 20 games, plus the playoffs, plus playing in europe or where-ever during the lockout plus on team Canada for the world cup.
the Canucks with bert vs without bert are 2 different teams. Canucks with bert would have dominated the flames and made the 2nd round... no questions there, the flames did not have enough defence size/skill to handle someone like bert and he would have walked right over kipper. this is not a knock on the flames... just a fact, bert basicly missed what could have been a cup run or upwards of 28 games if they all go the distance.

the McSorely attack was far worse than what bert did!
he used his stick, it was from behind and directly to the head, he just got lucky with the outcome of brashear hitting the ice where bert did not! worst of all it was completely out of the blue, there was no motivation for it, it was a senseless act.

don't hate on bert cause the leafs suck! ;)

Bert should be playing
Moore is a money-grubbing pussy
this whole thing is played out anyways!
[right][snapback]130494[/snapback][/right]

sorry...while I agree with some of the earlier stuff, I say B.S. to the rest.

no hockey player would bust their ass all their lives to make the big leagues, then fake serious injury in an attempt to *maybe* get a fat payoff from a lawsuit...no way in hell...why, when he could just play and earn a salary doing what he loves to do? I think if you polled pro atheletes, while the money is important, they didn't get to the big leagues by going through the motions...they love what they do.

I think it comes down to Bertuzzi really hasn't been punished...he lost a pittance of money compared to what his contract will now pay him...he only missed ~20 games. Now look at Moore...he will likely never play again.

Tough s**t for Bertuzzi that Moore was so seriously hurt...sometimes punishment is determined by the EFFECT of your actions, or the effect of your negligence, not just your intent. If you're behind the wheel and you are at fault in an accident and the person is "ok", you're charged with careless driving...they die, you're charged with negligence causing death. Same action, different consequence, and so the punishment is different. I think the same should apply here...maybe it would cause people not to punk someone from behind. FWIW, McSorley deserved everything he got...that was some cowardly s**t too.

Bertuzzi being reinstated is telling every player "don't worry about it...do whatever the f**k you want".
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad

Messages In This Thread
Should Bertuzzi Have Been Reinstated? - Marction - 08-11-2005, 05:01 AM