Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Did Your Gas Prices Jump Today?
2001 ZTS,Sep 4 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:Still cheaper than public transit for me. Work is 3km away and I have free parking at Yonge & St. Clair. I have the option of walking, bicycle or transit* too. Any work related inter city travel like Hamilton is $.042/km. Right now driving is cheaper and I don't stink by the time I get to work.

You 905'ers may think you are saving money living where you do but people like darkpuppet and I are laughing at you. I figure if I lived at my mom's old house in Mississauga I'd spend an extra $500/month in gas alone not to mention wear and tear like tires. Take your monthly rent/mortgage and see how much closer to the city that gets you.
[right][snapback]138902[/snapback][/right]

Funny thing is, I live in Mississauga, less than 3km from work with the Focus and I can make the run in under ten minutes. If I tried doing it by public transit though that ten minute trip would turn into a 40 minute one because of the spectacularly piss-poor connections on Mississauga Transit (and that's assuning I don't break my ankle or blow out my knee on the non-lowered floor buses that Mississauga transit still runs <_<)

I like where I live thanks, a minute from Square One by car and less than 5 from the 403 :lol:

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
How Much Did Your Gas Prices Jump Today? - NefCanuck - 09-06-2005, 02:55 AM