Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running Focuss Engine Without Fancy Intake Manifold
I've recently had to remove two Focuss engines, one bad one (junk) and one very used one (still running), they are both Split Port (valve seat droppers).
The incredible amount of air ducting and manifold size, right from the front of the grill, under the battery to the air-filtre, then across to the top of the intake manifold and multi-channel piping of the intake manifold, lead me to examine what is really neccessary back in there to have the engine run.
So, close examination of the mini-manifold between the big piping and the engine, revealed a secondary set of four flaps like you'd find in a lawn mower engine. I guess these flaps open to let more air in when you tromp on the gas pedal.
So, seems to me you could completely remove everything from the grill back to this mini-manifold, plug the right half of the open split ports and connect the gas pedal linkage to the four flaps and you'd have a running motor minus a ton of intake junk. (no air filter).
;-)
It takes more than talk to get things done.

Messages In This Thread
Running Focuss Engine Without Fancy Intake Manifold - ErnessW - 01-03-2014, 03:41 AM