Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rally car build
I posted this over on Focus fanatics but i figured id post this here as well because local input might be even more useful in this case, so if someones already gone through and read this, sorry lol Rolleyes :

hey guys i am at a cross roads as to what to do with my cars, I haven't started my build yet but I am planning to this summer. my problem is now i am not sure what vehicle to set as my daily driver, and what to build on (over a few years mind you) as my rally car and am looking for advice/opinions on what to do.

right now i am running my 06 Focus GFX as my daily, and the car sitting is my 02 Focus SVT. the original plan was to run the SVT, but seem to be more expensive to run over several day events. so currently i am thinking of switching gears and putting the SVT on as my daily and taking the GFX off the road to work on.

now that being said, my SVT needs work, there is a bit of surface rust (not of my doing i only bought the car a few weeks ago) and it needs new tie rods, and a shifter cable adjustment as well as a major interior overhaul. the GFX on the other hand is in good shape over all less a good paint job, but there is 0 rust on the body and rockers etc. of course the biggest difference is the power output of each engine 170hp vs 145hp, which i realize is not the most important factor in rallying or rallyX but it helps. the bonus though, ive already done most of the work to the GFX, which means i could begin running it much sooner, but could be disappointing results before boosting or doing engine upgrades in the future. The GFX is already set up with 15s which means i wont have to go through the hassle of changing the brake sizes and finding wheels to fit the 4x108 pattern. also it already looks like more of a rally car lol. being as i work in the parts business I have parts for both, stock and performance, available to me readily for the initial build, but the costs over time seem to be better with the GFX.

they both have their pros and cons and i want a second opinion on this, i am certain that i have other thoughts about this but i am at work and typing this in segments, so if something does not seem to make sense thats why.

Messages In This Thread
rally car build - Mobius - 05-31-2014, 06:46 AM
RE: rally car build - Scorcher000 - 05-31-2014, 08:31 AM
RE: rally car build - Mobius - 05-31-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: rally car build - ZTWsquared - 06-01-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: rally car build - Mobius - 06-02-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: rally car build - Scorcher000 - 06-01-2014, 12:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rally car build buzz2.0 4 5,432 07-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Last Post: buzz2.0