Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus vs Saturn, uhm,, somethings wrong!
Hey all, So a few days ago my brother brought home a Saturn SC1 because his truck was getting body work done. this thing is a real pile of garbage! no exhaust, I think they have about 100 HP, and i swear it had no clutch, foot just dropped to the floor. it was hilarious. But I took it for a spin because I love driving anything.

it was surprising how quick it was. like, faster than my gutted 130 HP focus...... somethings wrong there. 

so we did a little 0-60 run in both cars. Saturn returned a modest 11 seconds. Focus? a measly 22 seconds.... what?!?!?!

so I dived into the issue. Focus was due for a general tune up regardless. So I picked up plugs, wires, Fuel filter, and some seafoam. fuel filter is done, still waiting for plugs to come in. (yay slow mail to rural areas) Did the seafoam yesterday, and my god that stuff is amazing. not only does it work (some people say it doesn't but I've seen results first hand) but its also a great exhaust diagnostic tool. Its like a smoke test, without a legit smoke test lol. 

a few seconds after dumping some seafoam into a vacuum line there was smoke everywhere in the engine bay. Huh? that ain't right....

turns out, one of the rubber hoses for the EGR was completely gone. No idea when, or how, but it was just gone. So that is definitely not ideal lmao
going to order up that hose today, hopefully they have it in stock, but not likely. I

'm hoping that fixes my incredibly slow acceleration. If not, does anyone else have any ideas?

If you don't want to read all this, heres the cliff notes. Saturn with 100hp beat gutted 130 ho focus in 0-60. Focus is missing EGR hose. Seafoam smoke everywhere. Is missing hose cause of 22 second 0-60? 

btw 60 is MPH. not kmh

Messages In This Thread
Focus vs Saturn, uhm,, somethings wrong! - 204ZX3 - 08-18-2015, 11:44 PM