Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern And Mid North...let's Get Together
Title speaks for itself, and applies to those of you in the Ottawa Valley, North bay, Montreal, etc. I hate to say it, but a lot of the meets are generally located in the GTA or southern Ontario, and many of them I, and I'm sure several others here too, can't go to them because they are either on a Sunday, or a weeknight, and whatnot. Even if I haul ass, I can only get to the area around Hamilton and Burlington, etc in about 5-5.5hrs, and it takes 6-7 hours if I don't go fast. Yes, it's not fair to ask the majority of folks down south to re-arrange schedules to suit the few of us, but on the otherhand, missing out on the BBQ's the Niagra cruise, and other major events several years/seasons in a row because of location or timing, is making me lose interest slowly.

Maybe the folks from Mid-Northern and Eastern Ontario (and western QC too)should start having semi-scheduled events, meets, etc. I have some friends here in Petawawa that are trying to organize a registered car club, and some track time at Calabogie raceway, cruises of the valley and Ottawa, etc. I'd like to do something the same for those of us north or east of the GTA.

No offence to anyone, just it's disheartening not being able to attend major events year after year...

Anyone care to comment?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Messages In This Thread
Eastern And Mid North...let's Get Together - Drivesthebeast - 09-17-2006, 06:48 AM