Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's A Minute Of Your Time Worth?
crazikev,Nov 11 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:
P-51,Nov 11 2005, 02: Wrote:
Quote:i woulda got fired and a lengthy jail sentence if someone said that to my face, frigin scum of the earth,
Ask him what he did for the country? and if he can't respect the people who actually did, then he should get the F*ck out!

He's never been the fark in. I work in the US.

One guy here knew what it was about. He's Italian/German and has family in Windsor, that's probably why.
[right][snapback]155228[/snapback][/right]
ah, i see, well then <_<

but if it was in Canada :angry:
[right][snapback]155229[/snapback][/right]

It's still unacceptable. There's Canada/US jokes, and then there's just plain ignorant and rude.

Yesterday, my boss and I got talking about submarines somehow, and I made mention of Canada's subs, and he said, attempting sarcasm "What, all two of them?" I corrected him and said there were 3. We laughed... I mean, it's kinda funny, he thought it was sarcastic to say 2 but he wasn't far off the mark!

That's funny. His boss isn't.
P-51, you do make some very good points....

I couldn't honestly say if I'd be willing to die for my country. I think I would, but luckily for me, that need has never arisen.

It's like cutting your finger... you never dream of cutting it to the bone, but when you do, you deal with it... you never dream of a family member dying when you're young, but you get through it. I would like to believe that i would arise to such an occasion if the need ever presented itself.

It's odd tho, but just because I don't really connect with the day or feel the need to act out on it, I would think it unnatural to NOT do anything...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I think that's the point of Rememberance Day for young people. The goal is to understand how horrible war is, and the terrible sacrifice they made. And then to say "Thank You! And in honor of your sacrifice, I dedicate today to the personal commitment that I would do the same!"

It's easy for young people to watch Rambo, and say "I want to be a hero".

It's much harder to watch Saving Private Ryan, or Band of Brothers, or one of many documentaries on History Channel, and declare "I would die in the mud for my country."

I am forever greatful for the young men and woman who gave thier lives for the freedom and everything i enjoy today. It is b/c of them all of us are here today enjoying everything we have from our cars to our family.

I went to the local train station to greet the rememberance day train. It was great to see all the people all over the maritimes that made thier way from early morning to late night0,it was 10pm here when the train came. There must of been a good 50 people to great the train. To see all the veterans faces was great, they looked young again waving back at us, thier smiles knowing they are truly appreciated brings a tear to my eye. About time we truly acknowledge everything they did for us. Everyone was cheering and yelling thank you, we love you and god bless you all. The veterans were truly greatful for the support they were getting. It was awesome even in quebec at 3am and later thier were people along the tracks and at train stations. Truly remarkable :) It was a true sight to see the train

Thank you so much to everyone who serves and who served in defence of our great country and god bless you all :)
My Mom Says I'm Special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Small Favour, <1 Minute Of Your Time 2001 ZTS 14 3,632 04-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet