Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/c By Ford Racing
Just get a turbo....

Or an extra million dollars and buy a powerworks.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
For ~$800 more, you could get something like this...

http://www.turbo-kits.com/focus_turbo_kits.html

Way better bang for buck IMHO.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Quote:Everytime I see threads like this it makes me crazy.

Why on earth would you dump 4000k (you will never see again) into a focus?

I guess Passion>common sence.

Because the Focus is a cheap, european styled car, with hatchback practicallity to start with. I can't think of another car which I can pack: 4 mounted race tires, mechanics mat, sleeping pad, tent, sleeping bag, jack, 100lb toolbox, helmet, driving shoes, change of clothes, roadside emergency kit... and a cooler in... that has this much performance potential.

Then factor in, it also has one of the highest performance potentials of any other FWD car. It's also way more fun to drive than any other FWD car.

Lastly, when heavily modified, it can take on anything on a trackday. And if I go off track and roll it, I can get a new body for $4000 easy.

You can't say that about any other car.

I couldn't afford the risk of wrecking any other car.

Quote:I'm thinking of getting a JRSC too...depending on if I can find a used and non-abused one for a decent price. Or, just set the moeny aside and by the PWSC...I like the idea of having 200+hp, but I would want the tuning to let the car run almost dead stock...I don't want a car I need to tune again and again and again and mess around with timing and other stuff all the time...I wanna get it in and forget it type of thing...

Still, I think having 155+ hp at the wheels isn't too bad...It would be like driving an 05 ST with some bolt-ons, or an SVT with bolt-ons...

The JRSC is worth it if you can find a used or wholesale one...

Not quite sure what you're getting at. The PW kit will give you 220 crank, with OEM drivability. No tuning needed, it's all done for you.

155fwhp... I just can't see spending $4000 on that or whatever, when you could have so much more for just a couple grand more.

Quote:For ~$800 more, you could get something like this...

No way man. I think that is another stupid setup.

T3/T4 to make 200fwhp? You could have the same hp with a small T3, and also get 200ft-lbs by 3000rpm instead of waiting to 4000.
I should just go with a turbo!
Turbo arrived!
have to checked out FF or FJ for used turbo kits?? ive seen some nice setups for like 2000 bucks.

I would have to agree with some. My buddy used to ask me why do you waste all this money on your car. I would say, it costs you the same for hockey on a yearly basis, as i would spend on my car. Its a hobbie and its costs money.

If you want to collect baseball cards and thimbles and spend money on those go ahead, but its not nearly as fun.

found some links for ya
FJturbo
FJturbo
FJ FS/VF SC
FJ turbo nice deal
FF cheap stg 1 a/c
FF Turbo
thats after looking for like 5 min
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
thx man for looking.
Turbo arrived!
P-51,Aug 25 2005, 08: Wrote:Not quite sure what you're getting at.  The PW kit will give you 220 crank, with OEM drivability.  No tuning needed, it's all done for you.

155fwhp... I just can't see spending $4000 on that or whatever, when you could have so much more for just a couple grand more.

PW kit will put you at 220fwhp peak and 180+lb/ft from 2800-6000rpm on an otherwise stock focus.
free up the exhaust and the power wont change much but will come on sooner and not drop off as much. retune and power is even better!
add in our cams and you are looking at 250fwhp on stock PW tuning, retune with the cams and 260fwhp is easy with the stock kit and no boost upgrades, 270+ if you want to push it.

Quote:
Quote:For ~$800 more, you could get something like this...

No way man. I think that is another stupid setup.

T3/T4 to make 200fwhp? You could have the same hp with a small T3, and also get 200ft-lbs by 3000rpm instead of waiting to 4000.
[right][snapback]135742[/snapback][/right]

i agree, a t3/t4 is very low tech.
the F-max kit was pretty weak back when it was first on the market and is just as weak now that roush jacked the design(purchased it, whatever). precision is a better designed kit and comes with a MUCH better turbo for the Focus. The GT28R is a fabulous turbo for a street driven focus, Ask WeldingRod on FJ about his. he is pushing over 250fwhp and 260lb/ft and is still reworking his tuning for bigger MAF and injectors.

the PW kit is and probably will be the "end-all" and "be-all" for a long time when it comes to bolt-on power adders. the only thing that compares is toms kit but i have yet to see one of his full kits put down the power he claims right out of the box. they do once they have been tuned and dialed in but that is extra work on your end.

if you want "set it and forget it" power, powerworks is the best and really the only option.
everything else out there either doesn't make the power, requires tuning or comes with no tuning solution at all.

with the PW kit, the only way to go is up. :headbang:
Eric, Yes go Turbo. I've been telling you this since day 1. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 26 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote:Eric, Yes go Turbo. I've been telling you this since day 1. :P
[right][snapback]136160[/snapback][/right]

I know, I know!!!!:D
Turbo arrived!
MMMMMM...........turbo!!!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
focusonthis_88,Aug 24 2005, 08:17 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:Yes you can get the big boost kit and get those kind of numbers.

But for the same price, why dont you go with something that puts more power to the ground out of the box and will have more room to go for cheaper down the road?
[right][snapback]135466[/snapback][/right]

Like what?? I have it for 4000$ tax in. What else can I get for the same price?
[right][snapback]135468[/snapback][/right]

VF engieering w/ bbk I believe is around 4000 cdn..contact mitch for exact prices....bonus with this kit is you'll be more power than the jrsc w/ the future option of stage 3 (intercooler).
ok so to all those that say save the money and get a newer faster car instead... umm what about the new insurance rates? I think that your insurance for a modded focus will be much lower than say a new WRX for instance.... plus if you already own the focus you don't have monthly payments to make.... so yeah if you own your car mod it,
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending