Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd
Just come to the realization that this is the beast we call the Focus.

I'm all done with bashing Ford... I've done what I can, people know how I feel, I know how I feel. The Focus is an entry level car, face it...It's not the best car out there... Not even close. Just suck it up, and have fun with you car.

Here's pictures of Focus that belongs to a guy who will never own another Ford. Go figure... I guess I grew up.

[Image: 84a7241e.jpg]
[Image: a033ebec.jpg]

Have fun with the car. It's fun car to drive!
K OS, here's a quick answer to your position on every car manufacturer having atleast one plant in NA.
How many of those companies that are foreign reinvest in the NA market/ How many keep the $$profits that they make in NA, in NA? How many foreign automakers have their head offices overseas and hide behind protective barriers making it virtually impossible for the NA automakers to financially penetrate their home markets.
If all automakers were on a level playing field, then i wouldn't be so pissed about this type of comment.
But these fuking Japs/koreans come into our marketplace and raid the fuk out of it and we can't even touch their market because of the tariffs and protection racket their home based governments observe.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 10:23 PM Wrote:K OS, here's a quick answer to your position on every car manufacturer having atleast one plant in NA.
How many of those companies that are foreign reinvest in the NA market/  How many keep the $$profits that they make in NA, in NA?  How many foreign automakers have their head offices overseas and hide behind protective barriers making it virtually impossible for the NA automakers to financially penetrate their home markets.
If all automakers were on a level playing field, then i wouldn't be so pissed about this type of comment.
But these fuking Japs/koreans come into our marketplace and raid the fuk out of it and we can't even touch their market because of the tariffs and protection racket their home based governments observe.
[right][snapback]113248[/snapback][/right]

Doesn't NAFTA prevent this s**t from happening?
NAFTA is dead, hasn't been around for what, 10 years I think?

And that was only between Can and the States, extended to mexico recently, but not under the original terms of nafta.

There were tariffs in place against foreiners invading our markets, but they faded in the 70's to open us to a worldwide market.

I have no problem with that, just make it a level playing field.

meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 04:36 PM Wrote:let me introduce you to YOU DON"T HAVE A CLUE
CR-this compnay basis it's reports on funding they receive from MANUFACTURERS.  Don't pay and you don't get a good rating.  They are a joke and their reliability factor is non-existent.

There are many websites complaining about every car manufacturer.  Here's one http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotiv...afety.html  it's on Toyota.

Yes we did get gov't incentives for Oakville to stay open.  So did Toyota in Cambridge.  Every car manufacturer that assembles in Ontario gets incentives to stay in Ontario.  It's the name of the game, like it or not.  For every 1 automotive employee, 7 jobs are created.  Look what happened to St. Kitts when the gov't let GM pull out and wouldn't give them the incentives to stay.  That town is still struggling after 15 years.  Lose the plants and your in serious financial hardship and might even lose your job.

If you think in the back of your narrow mind that the guys at Toyota are doing anything differently to your vehicle than Ford is, then you are the one who is being fooled.  It's all the same s**t.  Just different looks and badging.  They've all gone their differnet ways but they all get assembled the same way for the last 50 years.

Yep, were getting beat by Toyota.  Because people believe they make a good car.  That attitude will change in time.  They don't make a great car IMO.

Before opening your mouth as a NOOB on a website you just came across, maybe you should think twice about bashing the hell out of a company and a product you know dick all about. 
Can I come to your place of employment and bash you?  I don't know what you do or who you are, but bash away I will.

Just go away and enjoy your new vehicle.  I'll be laughing at you and that ugly excuse for a car.
[right][snapback]113205[/snapback][/right]

Does a family member of your's work for Ford?

Ford and GM and even Chrysler have certain models that are great. However, unlike Toyota or even Honda, they put little effort into Quality and Control, thank you Unions who are guaranteed a job regardless of crappy it is, providing they just show up like once per week.

Toyota and Honda products are superior, safer and don't have recalls at the same frequency as domestics do. Also, Toyota/Honda are more open at admitting flaws when they do arise and make it known in order to keep customers. Also, in the past, Honda has been good about either 50-100% out of warranty coverage, even well beyond the extended warranty.

I like some Ford/GM and Chrysler products, though having one of each before always proved one thing; you hit a few thousand kilometres outside of warranty and you need a nice fat wallet to drive it to the ground.

Also, newer Toyotas especially and Toyota V6 motors now have Timing chains which have been mastered to last and be quieter than domestic versions are now out. Just remember, these cars are built in Canada too. Hard to remember that Toyota and Honda produce a fair number of cars in North America, especially Canada.
From the T.O. to the B-Lo. (D'Youville)
"Can I be da Joke Pimp?"
meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 10:15 PM Wrote:NAFTA is dead, hasn't been around for what, 10 years I think?

And that was only between Can and the States, extended to mexico recently, but not under the original terms of nafta.

There were tariffs in place against foreiners invading our markets, but they faded in the 70's to open us to a worldwide market.

[right][snapback]113271[/snapback][/right]

Well it is a level playing field dude! They import fresh water from Canada and we tell them that they must produce something like 51% or more of the car here. If you looked at the gauges on my V6 Accord and my dad's Odyssey, it's made by Ford (white oval). The alternator on these are made by Delphi aka Delco = GM. Also, if you look at the back of a Lexus or Toyota Keyless entry remote and one from a Chrysler or GM product, surprise; it's made by TRW. MeFord, please think before you speak, it really makes you look ignorant as a Canadian, we are not ignorant people and you almost try to be ignorant for the sake of attention or something. :D

MeFord, you are truly in another dimension :P.
From the T.O. to the B-Lo. (D'Youville)
"Can I be da Joke Pimp?"
ondafritz,Jun 8 2005, 02:40 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 10:15 PM Wrote:NAFTA is dead, hasn't been around for what, 10 years I think?

Well it is a level playing field dude! They import fresh water from Canada and we tell them that they must produce something like 51% or more of the car here. If you looked at the gauges on my V6 Accord and my dad's Odyssey, it's made by Ford (white oval). The alternator on these are made by Delphi aka Delco = GM. Also, if you look at the back of a Lexus or Toyota Keyless entry remote and one from a Chrysler or GM product, surprise; it's made by TRW. MeFord, please think before you speak, it really makes you look ignorant as a Canadian, we are not ignorant people and you almost try to be ignorant for the sake of attention or something. :D

[right][snapback]113291[/snapback][/right]

We better make this topic a sticky.
ondafritz,Jun 8 2005, 06:40 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]113291[/snapback][/right]

I believe you think that i am referring to Canada and the US not being on an equal playing field. That is where you are wrong. I am speaking of the tariffs and restrictions imposed on NA automakers when they try to sell their goods in the Japanese market. That is not a level playing field.

Oh, and the 51% was true, until NAFTA died. That was an agreement between Can. and the US. It isn't in place any longer. I know my homework my friend. i work for Ford. As does my wife, father, grandfather, and uncles, cousins.

ondafritz,Jun 8 2005, 06:26 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 04:36 PM Wrote:let me introduce you to YOU DON"T HAVE A CLUE
CR-this compnay basis it's reports on funding they receive from MANUFACTURERS.  Don't pay and you don't get a good rating.  They are a joke and their reliability factor is non-existent.

There are many websites complaining about every car manufacturer.  Here's one http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotiv...afety.html  it's on Toyota.

Yes we did get gov't incentives for Oakville to stay open.  So did Toyota in Cambridge.  Every car manufacturer that assembles in Ontario gets incentives to stay in Ontario.  It's the name of the game, like it or not.  For every 1 automotive employee, 7 jobs are created.  Look what happened to St. Kitts when the gov't let GM pull out and wouldn't give them the incentives to stay.  That town is still struggling after 15 years.  Lose the plants and your in serious financial hardship and might even lose your job.

If you think in the back of your narrow mind that the guys at Toyota are doing anything differently to your vehicle than Ford is, then you are the one who is being fooled.  It's all the same s**t.  Just different looks and badging.  They've all gone their differnet ways but they all get assembled the same way for the last 50 years.

Yep, were getting beat by Toyota.  Because people believe they make a good car.  That attitude will change in time.  They don't make a great car IMO.

Before opening your mouth as a NOOB on a website you just came across, maybe you should think twice about bashing the hell out of a company and a product you know dick all about. 
Can I come to your place of employment and bash you?  I don't know what you do or who you are, but bash away I will.

Just go away and enjoy your new vehicle.  I'll be laughing at you and that ugly excuse for a car.
[right][snapback]113205[/snapback][/right]

Does a family member of your's work for Ford?

Ford and GM and even Chrysler have certain models that are great. However, unlike Toyota or even Honda, they put little effort into Quality and Control, thank you Unions who are guaranteed a job regardless of crappy it is, providing they just show up like once per week.

Toyota and Honda products are superior, safer and don't have recalls at the same frequency as domestics do. Also, Toyota/Honda are more open at admitting flaws when they do arise and make it known in order to keep customers. Also, in the past, Honda has been good about either 50-100% out of warranty coverage, even well beyond the extended warranty.

I like some Ford/GM and Chrysler products, though having one of each before always proved one thing; you hit a few thousand kilometres outside of warranty and you need a nice fat wallet to drive it to the ground.

Also, newer Toyotas especially and Toyota V6 motors now have Timing chains which have been mastered to last and be quieter than domestic versions are now out. Just remember, these cars are built in Canada too. Hard to remember that Toyota and Honda produce a fair number of cars in North America, especially Canada.
[right][snapback]113287[/snapback][/right]

Toyota and Honda don't do public recalls. Maybe you should do your homework. They force the customer back to the dealer for everything following their purchase or void the warranty. Then any defective work is done to their car without the customer's knowledge.
Personally, i'd rather know what was wrong in the first place.

"Toyota/Honda are more open at admitting flaws when they do arise and make it known in order to keep customers"

This comment is just too funny. i thought you started off well and I wanted to listen, but this is just not right. They are the sneakist bastards when it comes to recalls.
The union garb. We don't control how the vehicle is built. There are some aholes that don't give a s**t. I do care as a union member. There is very little I can do even if i halt production and point out the flaw. It is up to the powers that be that control the manufacturing /profits of a plant. And they are greedy. If you don't think NA plants are changing to more of an Asian influenced manufacturing, then you would be wrong there. The union in no way shape or form controls what happens to the product. Better design, paying a little more for a better product and better engineering all would play a more significant factor in getting a better product to the consumer.
I think I am done with this. I studied this topic for 3 years inside and outside university. It doesn't make me any better than the rest of you, just better informed. There is so much mistruth out there on the econmoics and the state of the NA automotive market that the Japs/Koreans have empowered the general public to stand behind them and their superior cars.

IT"S ALL BS MY FRIEND SAME METAL< SAME MAN< SAME PRODUCT>

You guys continue to argue amounst yourselves as any further info would just be me grandstanding apparently just to get attention.

I'll make a point here related to Ray's first post. I speak from experience about bringing a car from the west coast of Canada (BC) to central Canada (ON).

As most of you all recall my dad and I bought a 1966 vintage Ford Mustang coupe in Kelowna, and brought it back to Brampton. The Car was sold New there and spent all it's life out there until last year. The car was put away for the winter here in Ontario, in a garage and covered until mid march.

When we brought the car out of hiding there was rust all over the carom bumpers, door handles, and in the trunk, not to mention a moisture build up in both the interior, and trunk. None fortunately under the car as my dad spent the money to have it undercoated before he put the car away.

In BC it very uncommon to buy any car out there and have it winterized or undercoated. BC uses no salt on any of it's roads or highways, it's why any car from out there will last for many many many years before rust even pops up on a car. I think I only saw one car there with minor rust on it and it was an old dinged up 1979 Honda Prelude with minor rust running along the trunk lid.

Realities of Ontario, Ontario uses the most road salt and sand in the country. If it even is forecasted of a possible snow fall, no matter how light it really is, the salt trucks are out in full force spreading salt all over everything. Cars in Ontario, wear out faster then any other province but New Found Land. One it's because of the huge population living here, the way your driving is a major factor too, commuting in traffic, and weather conditions all factor in the life of a car. It's more or less public knowledge that new & used cars sold in Ontario need under coating for winter use, and the same can be said for winter tires and such.

But speaking of NFLD, Cars there are undercoated new, and all new cars sold there is a 5 year no rusting promise. After that it's going to rust, no matter what car it is or what brand it is, but Saturn (gotta love those dint proof doors).

Getting back on topic though, CTV's W5 did another study into the used auto markets around Canada and again, All but 2 provinces got the fair rating, according to them. Alberta Got the Best Buy pick mainly because of their was only two out of thirty used car dealerships that failed. British Columbia Got the Worst, all but 1 dealership failed their tests. Vancouver rated the Worst city in Canada to buy a used or new car. Most of all the used cars in Vancouver had their Odometers rolled back thousands of kms, or were total Insurance write off's that were put back together and sold without the car's History being disclosed in the sale.

CTV's W5 went on to show a fully loaded 2001 Toyota Camary XLE that had funny yellow paint in area's that looked odd, ( in the mirror, under the hood, holes in the dash board, and a switch on the dash that didn't do anything when flipped ) was being marketed as a clean well kept car for $9900.00. The car turned out to be a former Vancouver Taxi, that was sold off with 686,000 kms on it, and was recovered by police 3 months earlier. It took CTV over a month to get the information on the car from the Province, And just minutes from using Carfax. When the story ended the host told people in BC look into that " deal " your actually getting, And buyer beware.

Ray Since you said you got the car used, did you get the car's history included in with documents ? and are you sure it's not a write off that was fixed and sold to you? and did you get it undercoated before it's first winter ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
you made a good point here Frost....

.!
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
I liked my ford, but I like my Honda better :P
I Vtec
Congrats on your Matrix, you should have bought a Pontiac Vibe and saved yourself $7,000! :lol:
All I can say is that Toyotas are great cars... I went through 3 of them and never had any problems. Had 89 and 97 corolla and 02 camry. All I can say it that Ford and Chrysler quality is getting close to Toyotas... 89 Toyota that is.. hahaha... this is too funny. Its already 2005, Ford and Chrysler they can't even get their s**t together. They can't even match the quality of a 16 year old Japanese car.

Enjoy the Matrix.. well I'm sure you will. After all, it's s Toyota.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
Frost__2001,Jun 9 2005, 10:01 AM Wrote:But speaking of NFLD, Cars there are undercoated new, and all new cars sold there is a 5 year no rusting promise. After that it's going to rust, no matter what car it is or what brand it is, but Saturn (gotta love those dint proof doors).

Saturns actually rust from the inside out, and the panels tend to shatter/crack horribly in the cold. Fine machines they are..... :huh: painted plastic.
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
I'll stick wih meford on alot of this. NOBODY reads the fine print do they. I love the secret recalls that imports hide from the public!! I think its better that we know about it anyways. BTW what about Toyota and thier 700,000 or 7 million (who cares anyways) vehicle recall on thier 3.0L v6 because the engines sludge up? I have known about this problem for about 4 years now. I don't even think they have a solution yet do they.

Keep your Jap scrap! I'll support the locals thank you.

Tried Tested and True. My Blood still Flows BLUE. :P
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]