Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jasons And Jarrods Dash (updated 11/25/04)
where the deck goes we just fiberglassed the deck right in. For Jarrods cigarrette delete we used cardboard to make a surface then just fiberglassed right in there.
s**t, that's my next project right there. Love it. Looks so clean. Anyone selling that console piece?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I was just at ford and they pissed me off, I was talking to the body shop guy to get something painted and they mentioned that they had a whole bunch of focus interior pieces that they just THREW OUT! Even exterior pieces Like Headlights and grills, they just threw them in the dumpster to make room. Yet when we go to ford to buy one of these parts its big $$$$.

I cheated and just bought a dash piece with gauge mountings in it, I'm just far too lazy to do it myself.
AC/DC?

How about an AC outlet where the ashtray used to be? Canadian Tire sells inverters as small as:

[Image: 0111839_450_CC_17891.jpg]

You could take the "guts" from it and build it into the ashtray or some how bondo it up. You could use the same circuit as the lighter and have a three position switch (AC/off/DC).

If anyone didn't know the Focus outlet is always on, other cars require key to ACC.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Was looking at those today. There only $9 at CDN tire right now in there current sale's flyer.
Updated pictures of Jarrods dash. Once he got the hole cut for the gauge the dam thing cracked so now we have to fix it and its ahh so much time. Mine it pretty much done. Just need a quick wetsand prime then paint.

[Image: 112104007.jpg]

Looks good, but still looks like there's a lot of empty space under the gauge, and under the stereo slot.. could probably fit another couple gauges in there or something else.
We were debating it and if we did that route. After gauges and and the controls being there we figure it would look way to cluttered and werid looking. I did have an idea at one point of putting my switches in there insetad of having them hidden under the dash. Just an idea.
My gauge pods are finished in mine. I didn't want to have my deck blended in just because I do like switching my deck around allot and it would be a bit of a hastle for me. It doesn't look too bad with the suround painted to match too..

[Image: dash2.jpg]
hardk0re,Nov 23 2004, 05:38 AM Wrote:My gauge pods are finished in mine.  I didn't want  to have my deck blended in just because I do like switching my deck around allot and it would be a bit of a hastle for me.  It doesn't look too bad with the suround painted to match too..

[Image: dash2.jpg]
[right][snapback]71101[/snapback][/right]

Very very very sweet setup! Nice work!
that is super nice jay, you gotta post a how-to and write up, thats a damn good job...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Hardcore- You did some nice fab work there. Good work dood!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I did try to cheat and get one already done, but it was so damaged when I got it I spent more hours just trying to fix the broken dash piece rather than just doing it.

How even before I finished painting it I realized the following mess i've got myself into to mount it with the gauges :)

[Image: dash.jpg]

It might not be as bad as depicted but theres gonna be allot of cutting to get it in...
Hooray for dremel!! :lol:
Flofocus,Nov 23 2004, 06:10 PM Wrote:Hooray for dremel!!  :lol:
[right][snapback]71137[/snapback][/right]

Just bought one on the weekend for this exact task!
hardk0re,Nov 23 2004, 12:45 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]71140[/snapback][/right]

Got any pics of it installed in your dash yet?
S2,Nov 23 2004, 03:41 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Nov 23 2004, 12:45 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]71140[/snapback][/right]

Got any pics of it installed in your dash yet?
[right][snapback]71143[/snapback][/right]

Holy s**t! the man just posted the last pick 45 minutes ago!

Give him time to cut! :D :P
hardcore that looksa awesome i am just keeping it to my one guage so far but thanx for the pics :D
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
yes that looks really good, Hardk0re.
'03 Focus SVT
well i think I am almost done I just need to sand it a lil after this paint but here she is, i think I am going to put the lighter underneath the guage....just so its easy access for radar and gtech stuff....

[Image: dashkit2.jpg]
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER