Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New! Htp Performance Front Cross Member Brace
Ok after yesterday's research and today's discussion with one of the mechanical engineers here at my office, whom is a big car buff as well, I think that the HTP crossbar would be mildly beneficial for traction purposes.

Helping with preventing lateral stiffness and underbody structure does aid in developing better traction for straight line. In my learnings of traction bars, they tend to do one of two or sometimes both things.

1. Maintains stability of the axle/lower control arm location (from front to back), thereby maintaining the downward pressure on the shocks towards the pavement. Without this, the axle would be moved forward or backward of the bottom of the strut and the shock would not have a more vertical travel.

2. Some traction bars use the movment of the axle when torque load is applied to redirect forces upon the springs, this I have only seen in a leaf spring application so far and I cannot see this so far on a FWD strut type suspension. Therefore this type of traction bar isn't feasible at the moment on our cars.

Using this knowledge, the first point I make in the previous paragraphs makes sense for using the HTP crossmember and Lakewood Traction Bars as both try to apply excess pressure on one side of the cross member to minimize any arm movement to the front or rear of the car.

***Point of note***

I would think that using the crossbar would be effective, however an LSD and a stiffer suspension setup would be required to gain maximum traction, especially for drag racing applications.

As for myself, I think I'll be purchasing one of these HTP crossmembers as I am replacing both lower control arms in March, which should make things very interesting. B)
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Cool, I'll personally let you know how it feels with stock suspension in a few days.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Awesome research man, I'll be picking one of these up in the spring for sure.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Placed the order for the brace and rear adjustable toe arms.

&lt;--- Stoked!!!! :D

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I'll be installing my on Sat right before I head out to the auto show
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Nice, that's next on my list with a H&amp;R rear sway bar :)

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
should get all 3 stress bars, upper front, x brace and rear. with all 3 it stiffened up my sedan SOOO much very noticeable by comparison to stock with all the goodies have added to my car

ofcourse i just have FS lower, but im sure with xbrace it will be even bette
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
GFXjamie,Feb 11 2010, 04:25 PM Wrote:should get all 3 stress bars

[right][snapback]301203[/snapback][/right]

Already there, mon frere. :D

I don't want to get the rear one because it eliminates a lot of trunk space. I seen a few pics of it on a guy's 2008 sedan on FF and it's almost right in the middle. I need some practicality. On the hatches it's at a perfect spot where it doesn't get in the way.

I already have a strut tower bar, just need the X-brace and the RSB and I think it'll be tight enough combined with my drop and some good rubber.

124whp/129wtq
we kudos for you oscar, i think i mite let you join the cool club after all... once you get a torsen that is!

as for the rear bar it really doesnt take up all that much room. when i went to the track i fit easily my 3 ton jack, 2 slicks, some camping chairs and a bit of food in there. plenty of room in m sedan... shouldnt be all that much different in 08+

heres it in my car when i first installed it
[Image: saturdaymarch28thcarfun014.jpg]

also, oscar heres my slicks back whe i first got em when i was sitting on a prokit... looks pretty sick i must say LOL back when i have a fart can exhaust and a short ram intake

[Image: focusslick.jpg]

thats without a spacer, but requires a spacer if you wanna turn the car, otherwise you rub struts

and heres how they look doing a burn out.. im a whore on this site today LOL
[Image: burnout2.jpg]

Cool, I'll try to find those pics and compare.. I'm a little upset right now. FSwerks did a little blunder. They shipped my exhaust kit and forgot to send me the god damn tail pipe piece. I have the muffler, the mid pipe and that's it. No tip pipe.

124whp/129wtq
Wow... have you contacted randy or vik yet?? they will get you taken care of im sure, better cover extra customs to!

Yeah, I talked to a rep called Rafi or something.. He's going to call me back in an hour, he's investigating what happened. There wasn't even a receipt in the box ffs. I guess they were in a hurry. I know they are good for customer service. He said he'll declare the pipe as 5 bucks if he ships it UPS, he might ship it USPS express he said as well.

We'll see.

124whp/129wtq
tetra,Feb 11 2010, 06:05 PM Wrote:Yeah, I talked to a rep called Rafi or something.. He's going to call me back in an hour, he's investigating what happened. There wasn't even a receipt in the box ffs. I guess they were in a hurry. I know they are good for customer service. He said he'll declare the pipe as 5 bucks if he ships it UPS, he might ship it USPS express he said as well.

We'll see.
[right][snapback]301214[/snapback][/right]

Raffi's a great guy to deal with. You'll have the missing part in no time.

Yeah, I told them straight up that I know they have some of the best customer service out there for Focus parts. I'm sure they'll get it fixed quickly. I'm a bit dissapointed, but s*** happens.

124whp/129wtq
I spoke to Raffi again, they are sending me the piece tonight. I knew they'd pull through for sure!~

124whp/129wtq
awesome. make sure you get some clips with it.

VF Street mount adn HTP Brace on the car.
Noticed a big difference in cornering on stock suspension. The mount is perfect and nice and smooth threw the shifts. Well worth the money.

To install the mount.
18mm socket on the bottom. 21mm wrench on the other end of the bolt. use a stubby wrench for easy installation.
Pry bar to put front of control arm back into place needed.
Use a hoist if possible and a good air gun.
Two ppl didn't hurt to have either.
Be safe doing this one.

Well I was supposed to get my cross member brace today along with toe arms. But for some reason, HTperformance requested Fedex to return my package to them... I don't know what's going on, but I'm ready to f***ing break something. Had a s*** day at work and was looking forward to seeing some nice shiny new stuff.

Tried calling the vendor, no answer although they are still open. I'm not sure WTF is going on but this better be good... :angry: :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Maybe they mixed up the order or forgot to put something in it. Plus it could have gotten damaged and was returned because of that.
Take you time and if its not in tip top shape when you do recive it then I'd say its war time lol.

Plus when you do get a hold of them tell them you want it express and free domicile too. Your not paying for something that is late.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front Strut Brace With Volant Cai DRyanC 4 1,903 09-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Last Post: S2