Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Car - 2004 Mazda Rx8 Gt
omg id love to take a Bently for a drive........
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Well, either you got an absolutely stellar deal on that thing, or the S197 Mustangs just didn't "do it" for you as you had hoped...

I'll run ya sometime if you want....;)
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
i smell a track day being organized!! too bad you guys live so far from me.. :(
Ian,

I absolutely LOVED the 08 GT I drove last Tuesday but I wasn't compelled by it to run out and get one.

I parked the RX-8 in the driveway two nights later and Sara said "I like it better than the Mustang."

The more I drove the RX-8, the more I wasn't as concerned with the basso profundo of the Mustang. It emits a howl at 3500 that makes you WANT to put your foot in it (the RX-8). At 6000 you're shifting in the Mustang but in the RX-8 you're grinning like crazy. At 8000 it's REALLY hauling ass and when you bang off a shift at 9000 and you settle into it again at 6000+ in the next gear... it's just plain perfection.

With that said, I'll never turn down a chance to drive a 05+ Stang GT. However, I wasn't a fan of the almost 450 more per year to insure the 06 Stang GT over the 06 RX-8 (my car's an 04, but I wanted apples to apples. Turns out it's 50 less for the YEAR for the 04 RX-8 vs. the 06)

Did my first hill start tonight on a decent incline (in a parking lot, parking curb about 4 feet behind me... smart eh?), pulled out without any drama. It's pretty slick to launch in everyday driving - grab 2000-2500 RPMs, roll it right out. Done.

And what's more? I've pulled it through from 1500 RPM in 5th in city driving, no driveline hiccups or bucking. Just smoothness. B)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
lucky...
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
nice ride ....BUT the colour should be black.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
A few more pics, sorry about the overexposure. I had the cam in Program mode and it always overexposes on car shots with bright backlighting.

[Image: th_DSC_0034.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0030.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0004-1.jpg]

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
driving it in the winter?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Oct 17 2007, 09:40 AM Wrote:driving it in the winter?
[right][snapback]251153[/snapback][/right]

Nope, putting it away at the end of November if the weather holds out.

I just spent another $550+ on my old truck this week...got a new brake master cyl and booster installed, as my old brakes were so bad, that the rears weren't working at all, and the front ones weren't boosted/powered. Brakes work awesome, and I can really feel how well the new tires on the truck work under proper braking now too.

I might be able to finally super clean my car, and prep it for the winter...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
You're really doing a hell of a job on that truck, Ian!

You'll have to come up sometime for some BBQ and BSing :D

I just got my bmw back from having a new exhaust welded up. Stock Bosal exhaust, nice and quiet. :D And no more fart cannon!!

Had to redo all my brakes though, I just did them last year to :angry: , car sat for to long and the rotors were rusted to s***. I didnt like the price to get the discs machined either, $100 for 4. <_<

I think I'll give the car to my sister next summer to keep it moving and take it back for the winter months. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Nice RX8! I was recently inviting out to shoot a Mazda Canada organized RX8 drivers training, it was only limited to the 2006-2008 Mazda rx8 and invitations were sent via Mazda Dealerships.

The rotary sounds so nice... stock!

Here are the photos I took that day

Click here for Flickr Album
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Great pics man!

I love it... I've put over 600KMs on it so far... it's a freaking blast to drive.