Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back To School Blues
^^ same here.. I did education last week, and the guys giving the course bought us beers after class.

now THAT is education!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Aug 28 2006, 07:00 PM Wrote:^^ same here.. I did education last week, and the guys giving the course bought us beers after class.

now THAT is education!
[right][snapback]204446[/snapback][/right]
Damn, that reminds me, I've gotta reactivate my Mohawk ID
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
meford4u,Aug 28 2006, 06:51 PM Wrote:How many other companies do you think do this?

Answer............lots.

Not to downplay Roger's, but lots of companies do this, including ford.

And they pay alot more :P
[right][snapback]204443[/snapback][/right]

Your correct. I also forgot to mention Atlantic & Pacific (A&P) sent me to some cources too, come to think about it, Technology Alliance sent me to paid cources @ Nortel too. A&P is PRO!!! TA was kinda pro at one time. too bad theyre bankrupt now!! PRO X3
My other ride is your Mom
Not to sound unsympathetic here...

Oh screw it, who am I kidding? I am unsympathetic :P

Being in school is the easiest part of your life :P Once you graduate and have to enter the rat race full time you'll wish you were back in school again :lol:

(If I sound bitter its because I'm three days away from my vacation... god do I need it after this summer :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
meford4u,Aug 28 2006, 05:51 PM Wrote:
paolo,Aug 28 2006, 06:44 PM Wrote:I Work full time, but my work lets me take educational courses and training fully paid for..  Rogers = PRO. Its like going to school, but getting paid at the same time.
[right][snapback]204441[/snapback][/right]

How many other companies do you think do this?

Answer............lots.

Not to downplay Roger's, but lots of companies do this, including ford.

And they pay alot more :P
[right][snapback]204443[/snapback][/right]

I concure with his assesment.

I joined the military and got an College diploma as a telecomunications technologist. and two years University degree towards being a telecomunications Engineer. It was all paid for by the Govt. of Canada @ a cost of $80k so far and the last two years of my degree will cost $20k. I got a starting salary (while in school) of $27k per year and it has increased for the past three years to $50k a year this year.

All my tuition, books, full medical/dental coverage, and even housing and food was 100% paid for by the Govt. I know you got to commit to a three year contract with the Military when you join. But, after two years I had the diploma as a technician and could have walked at the end of that same year and my three year contract would have been over and I had a college diploma and a could have taken a job instantly with the OPP as a support technician and made $65k/yr. starting (full benefits after a year)

I'm not bragging I'm just saying the best "Company" to work for is the Govt. They don't say no to too many people and they are not afraid to spend the money on their employees now to train them. (in certain positions and trades)
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
I miss school.

So much structure. I know it sounds wierd....but it's true.
You have clear direction...you don't depend on ANYONE but yourself, you know when things are due etc....

Not to mention the social aspects of it.... All good.

I really miss school. :(

I should take that part-time job offer at Humber teaching Art Direction.

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 28 2006, 02:56 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 28 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:
bluetoy,Aug 28 2006, 03:25 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Aug 28 2006, 02:30 PM Wrote:wrighting and studing

Should have taken spelling too... :P
[right][snapback]204385[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
[right][snapback]204392[/snapback][/right]

Smoke weed every day! :lol:
[right][snapback]204394[/snapback][/right]

boo no drugs......only beer...and i quite that now too :)

p.s. bluetoy lol ur an ass
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
i really miss the university students, there are fine looking girls that go there.
'03 Focus SVT
see.... entering the workforce just doesn't seem like it will be happening anytime soon. The way things are going, I will literally be a professional student, and hopefully get a job as a prof/researcher at some great university.

Even though I had the back to school blues yesterday though, I must say, feeling like that put my head in motion again... and I decided to apply to medical school... so, I guess... err... wish me luck :)
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
NikiterZTS,Aug 28 2006, 01:30 PM Wrote:i thought high school was long and hard....until i went to college for electronics engineer technician......those were some loooong nights of wrighting and studing.....lucky me i got a job after being there only for one semester :)
[right][snapback]204365[/snapback][/right]
ohhhhhh #@^%, ii didn't want to see that. <_< . Gah my last week before school is ruined lol, thats almost what im going for :( :( :( :(
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
ZX5chica,Aug 29 2006, 12:16 PM Wrote:see.... entering the workforce just doesn't seem like it will be happening anytime soon. The way things are going, I will literally be a professional student, and hopefully get a job as a prof/researcher at some great university.

Even though I had the back to school blues yesterday though, I must say, feeling like that put my head in motion again... and I decided to apply to medical school... so, I guess... err... wish me luck :)
[right][snapback]204571[/snapback][/right]
Good for you!!! You obviously have your head on your shoulders and will do fine!! Good luck anyways :)
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.