Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFS:Shift 2
So a new Need for Speed is coming out in a few short weeks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929UZ6Nq-hk

This actually has me excited enough to pre-order it from EA directly to get the limited edition copy.

it may not have all the cars of GT5 ... but check out the sound and visual design... It looks like actual racing... It's been a while since I've been this excited over a racing game.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

wew .. 4GB install... hopefully this pays off...

Might try Shift 2 next month. Playing TDU:2. Glad I borrowed it instead of buying it.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Sooo.. first impressions --

it's both WOW, and "WTF!!!"

The helmet view is pretty disorienting at first -- your driver's vision moves to the apex, but you have to remember that the car isn't turning there until you turn the wheel.

And if you use the in-view steering wheel as a guide to how sharp you're turning, don't... it wiggles back and forth, and will lead you to do a lot of over-correcting that's not necessary.

This game feels VERY real when driving... you just have to come to grips with the way the view moves and realize that the game still requires your input to actually stay on track...

Looking forward to getting some time in this game soon...

(03-01-2011, 12:25 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: So a new Need for Speed is coming out in a few short weeks...

This actually has me excited enough to pre-order it from EA directly to get the limited edition copy.

it may not have all the cars of GT5 ... but check out the sound and visual design... It looks like actual racing... It's been a while since I've been this excited over a racing game.

Looks excellent - I just wish I had more time for this ... my neice's husband is the Director of User Experience at EA in Vancouver.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I only got an hour or so with it lastnight, will have to wait a couple weeks till I can spend some quality time with it. I slowly started to feel a bit more comfortable with the helmet view -- the trick with non-drift events is to center the car with your view. It's like the game tells you the driving line without having to turn on the driving line (you're still responsible for picking out the braking points tho).

I still screw up plenty -- I hope this view becomes easier to deal with... I love the sense of immersion it gives, it's just that it's not like anything I've ever played control wise. The graphics aren't as highly detailed as GT5's but the effects and sound design more than make up for it.

Not to mention that you start the game in a freakin' GT-R -- not some stupid vitz...

(03-31-2011, 02:46 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: I only got an hour or so with it lastnight, will have to wait a couple weeks till I can spend some quality time with it. I slowly started to feel a bit more comfortable with the helmet view -- the trick with non-drift events is to center the car with your view. It's like the game tells you the driving line without having to turn on the driving line (you're still responsible for picking out the braking points tho).

I still screw up plenty -- I hope this view becomes easier to deal with... I love the sense of immersion it gives, it's just that it's not like anything I've ever played control wise. The graphics aren't as highly detailed as GT5's but the effects and sound design more than make up for it.

Not to mention that you start the game in a freakin' GT-R -- not some stupid vitz...

I love the engine swap options a 2jz in an AE86 or a bmw m5 v10 in the m3. But overall the game wasnt as good as gran turismo 5 it wasnt even on the same level. But saying that i still like playing the drift events an time attack on shift 2.
Interesting... I actually am pretty bored with GT5... It's just grind and collect...

I got bored of GT5 too. Now that this topic has been resurrected, and that I have my new front channel speakers (and relocated rear channels)... I might have to get this for PS3.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
it's pretty badass for the PS3.. but I find the controls a bit laggy at times... which takes time to adapt to from GT5.