Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wagon for Summer
Well summers here ? I replaced my headlights with Mach HID's, Fitted 17" Rims , fitted a Euro grill with "Focus" emblem from UK.,Replaced the bumper with the Wings West one and side skirts (These are the ones that came from Gordons old Focus). Replaced my rear tail lights with LED ones from Germany. Now just to the independent indicator mod. and lastly an OEM Zetec badge also from UK. Tell me what you think

Attached Files
.jpg   Front with MazdaSmall 1.jpg (Size: 25.22 KB / Downloads: 101)
.jpg   Focus Badge GrillSmall 2.jpg (Size: 15.2 KB / Downloads: 75)
.jpg   Small 3.jpg (Size: 20.6 KB / Downloads: 71)
.jpg   Focus Side Small 4.jpg (Size: 32.9 KB / Downloads: 74)
Looks good!

Have you thought of shaving off the roof rack, or do you use it?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Stupid double post...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Looking good! You gotta bring it out to one of our upcoming cruises!
The car is looking good, I love those tails.
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
Nice work.
No need to 'shave' the roof rack. It just unbolts. If you do take it off, I'd suggest grinding down the tip of the screw, it'll prevent the screw from bottoming out and causing an slight dimple in the roof (nothing drastic). And add some RTV or similar sealant to the threads to keep the moisture out.
Nice ride! LOVE the tails!!!
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
Nice looking wagon there. Any plans to lower it?
Token Western Canadian
(05-14-2011, 01:00 AM)SVT ZX3 Wrote: Nice looking wagon there. Any plans to lower it?

Yes im going to lower it, also removing the roof bars I know they just unbolt ,But how can I fill the holes?
As to come out to one of your meets it would be too far lol im in Calgary
So am I-same user name on the Calgary Focus and the Fast Fords sites!
(05-14-2011, 02:48 AM)02ztsian Wrote: So am I-same user name on the Calgary Focus and the Fast Fords sites!

Hey Ian sorry I was half asleep lol Hows you?
The bolts that are used to fasten the rack down can be screwed back into the "nut" sunk into the roof.
You'll have 6 screw heads on the roof (rather unnoticeable IMO). Some wagon owners have used touchup paint on the screw heads.
(05-14-2011, 03:31 AM)j3rt Wrote: The bolts that are used to fasten the rack down can be screwed back into the "nut" sunk into the roof.
You'll have 6 screw heads on the roof (rather unnoticeable IMO). Some wagon owners have used touchup paint on the screw heads.

Thats for the later ones Mine unbolts from inside into the bars, The one I have is metal not the plastic one
Looks great, love the euro bits. Not a fan of the WW bumper but it's your car. Might look better to me with a drop. All in all nice work.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
nice wagon man.
(05-14-2011, 04:12 PM)mildc3 Wrote: nice wagon man.
Thanks like I said gonna lower it and take the roof bars off, Going to be doing that tomorrow more pics tomorrow.
Well so much for taking the roof bars off! Spent most of the day working out the wiring for independent indicators, Mine is a 2001 and found the write up how to do it, took out the glove box and no module, Studying the wiring diagram found all I had to do was cut a fu#@I^* wire at the hazard light switch and wire from the third brake light. Any way all good now have independent brakes and indicators. So after I finished a searched a lot more then found someone did a write up on it grrrrrr, so if anybody wants to do the euro mod on a 2000 and 2001 here is the addy probaly most of you guys know about it'
http://forums.focaljet.com/exterior-modi...odels.html
It looks great.
I have to look into the HID's. I hate driving when it is dark, raining and out of the city. Or when there are lots of deer on the side of the road at dusk.
I find the rack is in the way in the winter to clean off the car. It is also useless if you car-top a canoe. Post some pics if you take it off.
Cheers
2003 ZTW Wagon
(05-17-2011, 05:12 AM)2003ZTW Wrote: It looks great.
I have to look into the HID's. I hate driving when it is dark, raining and out of the city. Or when there are lots of deer on the side of the road at dusk.
I find the rack is in the way in the winter to clean off the car. It is also useless if you car-top a canoe. Post some pics if you take it off.
Cheers

For sure its coming off, I debated it before to get it chromed like the Audi's but I think off is better, Just how to plug the holes after
I cant make up my mind which rims to keep on Let me know what you think

Attached Files
.jpg   1small.jpg (Size: 55.2 KB / Downloads: 35)
.jpg   2small.jpg (Size: 60.09 KB / Downloads: 31)