Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wrc rally replica build thread
mine doesnt have problem spooling. ppl says 3750rpm is way too high to have fun, turbo lags too much, nope.
get to 3750rpm is pretty quick and easy, as long as i am in right gear, boost is instant.
and i love whining sucking noise starts around 2500rpm and keeps up. only thing is though, car stinks. i thought skunk caught into exhaust or something.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
lol....it stinks eh?....sounds like my car.....u gettting alot of white smoke from the exhaust???....could be an oil draining issue...thats what was wrong with mine....fixed the drain tube, the smoke went away but the smell is still there,..or even its running rich.....Huh
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
nope doesnt have any smoke issue.
it just because i dont have catalyc coinverter and running rich.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
nice!!!now i am okay to enjoy my turbo at 7 psi but he wants me to report back if there is any hiccups.
after couple weeks, i can turn boost upto 11 psi.
and with new tune, i see that afr isnt going into 10afr(piiiiiig rich) area when wot, stays in 11afr range but still in safe area, and noticed idling drops quicker than previous tune.
it used to stay at 2000rpm for min and half and slowly drop down to 1500 and after fully warmed 1000rpm.
but now, 2000rpm for 15 sec, 1500rpm for another 15sec and when starting to get warmed, drops to 1000rpm.
start saving for a new clutch. Mine went after going to 12psi.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
yeah true, i wanted to keep boost low until i get proper clutch and diff but randy aked me to raise to 11 psi on stock clutch.
It seems Randy enjoys spending your hard earned money. LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
has been a week enjoying turbo.
yesterday, due to dvp closure for weekend, i had to take local roads. took me more than an hour get to downtown.

another trip back to my home and i saw smoke coming out of tailpipe at the red light but was only light visible smoke for around 10 secs.
smoke wasnt pushing hard out of tailpipe, it was more like something is burning and someone turned on fan around.
i thought tailpipe is touching bumper or something because it was only happened for 10 seconds. i didnt see any smoke after, parked and watched it, drove another 20 mins and saw nothing.
it must be just burning off black deposit/residue sitting inside of tailpipe.

wasn't white, couldnt tell if it was black or blue, but i think it was more like grey. and smelt like burning plastic/rubber.
didnt see any check engine light, afr stays correct, no boost leak, no spike, no lagging, car run fine as it suppose to.
oh well, now it is getting worse.
when idling, i barely see smoke but water is sputtering like crazy.
when i give it a gas and see white smoke coming out from tailpipe.
that explains when i go to stop at the light, see smoke all over the place.

i checked coolant and had to fill up.

i might got confused with how it smelt like..
not the best, but this is video clip taken using my shitty outdated cell phone.
[Image: th_V18-09-11_19-17.jpg]
(09-19-2011, 10:19 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: oh well, now it is getting worse.
when idling, i barely see smoke but water is sputtering like crazy.
when i give it a gas and see white smoke coming out from tailpipe.
that explains when i go to stop at the light, see smoke all over the place.

i checked coolant and had to fill up.

i might got confused with how it smelt like..
not the best, but this is video clip taken using my shitty outdated cell phone.

Coolant out the tailpipe has a very distinctive sweet smell - nothing else quite like it, and that would be consistent with white smoke.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
yeah but couldnt distinc sweet smell..because there always stink smell
more and more iresearch, looks like something is wrong inside of the turbo.
i did keep warming time 4 mins and cooling time to 2 mins even though i didnt drive boosting.
ppl telling me water is leaking or bad seals in the turbo.

i smell nothing and see nothing at the engine bay, nothing is leaking there.

but car is still pulling and response is really good at only 7psi.
k update, looks like oil drain hose is forcing oil to leak out thru turbo.
i remember i had hard time putting oil drain hose due to short hose length and tight space, i might kinked a bit.

stupid me, i kinked oil drain hose, it wasnt smooooth..hope this take care of the problem.

[Image: enginebay.jpg]
Leo... Love your coolant overflow tank... Where'd you pick that up?
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
i got it 6 years ago from bailey motorsport, expect to pay a lot.
looking at that engine bay it needs more white!....you gotta paint all the piping to match lol..that or chrome....Cool

[Image: enginebay.jpg]
[/quote]

PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
lol, yeah it needs more polished stainless, not chrome..white looks good too but i have a feeling white will look overkilled.
unfortunately, i got more thing to take caree of first before go fancy with engine bay.

more and more i drive, i see smoke thru tailpipe and i narrowed down problem and figured pcv is causing problem.
looked at the back of intake manifold and saw hose is collapsed. i could squeeze hose close shut very easily and i could see lot of cracks when squeezed hose.

it is not collapsed completely to cause idling problem but i heard it can create pressure for the oil plumb back into intake and blow smoke out of tailpipe.
that is all i can think of.

i know ford redesigned pcv hose with thicker and put insulation over the hose.
i am going to order one and hope this solves the issue.
it needs to be a hell of allot of oil in the intake to be making you smoke out your exhaust...

I had the issue where the oil backed up through the turbo once, it soaked my downpipe and it smoked for days after... or it could still be backing up...
i guess.

it wasnt smoking from the begining and i happened to see roughly 4 days ago.
first i thought oil drain hose is causing it but i got that fixed, but still seeing smoke and pcv system is all i can think of as i didnt have any problem before putting turbo.
(09-21-2011, 10:36 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: i guess.

it wasnt smoking from the begining and i happened to see roughly 4 days ago.
first i thought oil drain hose is causing it but i got that fixed, but still seeing smoke and pcv system is all i can think of as i didnt have any problem before putting turbo.

Are you still losing coolant? I don`t want to alarm you but the first thing I thought of when you mentioned coolant loss and white smoke, was head gasket ... especially now with boost.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
just do a comp test...put these worry warts at rest Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS MikkelRS 59 29,312 07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikkelRS
  Few new parts, possible build thread? jtdanks 40 24,252 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jtdanks