Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wrc rally replica build thread
^^ no motor in car.. unless its flintstone mode I suspect not Smile
(12-02-2011, 11:05 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: tell me your not driving it around around like that!?

uhh i guess you didnt read post.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
anyway, still gotta finish off rear quarter panels.
removing glass must be pita, i have no access to power outlet, cannot use heatgun.
i might try with tiny torch i used when solder.

cut off rear quarter panels, drill out spot welds, make another big holes for turboshear can go through.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Looking good! just spent an hour going through all the posts... I was full of emotion for ya when i heard the motor blew. Looks and Sounds like you intend to make a real trophy winner. With that being said take your time... Save some money and build a motor. What happens the next time you grenade a stock Zetec.. maybe it takes the Turbo with it Sad . Build for Big, keep the Boost moderate with the ability to up it safely and make true WRC powwaa!!

just my 2 cent's
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
i park my car underground, went to take some stuff out of my car and saw this "$ waste" on my dirty window. lol
whatever, i dont mind

i got 3 weeks of free time, i will be able to finish off suspension and possibly rear quarter panels.
i am a butcher!
[Image: P19-12-11_14-412.jpg]
Lol id say surgeon! It looks pretty neatly cut!

not bad for turbo shear, it cuts pretty neat

more pics
[Image: P19-12-11_19-00.jpg]

[Image: P19-12-11_18-50.jpg]

[Image: P19-12-11_18-521.jpg]
Looking good.
wheel is already at 25 offset but i still need another 15mm front and 30mm rear.

i might be able to mount rear quarter panels this week and probably coilovers and tubular suspension by next week.

looks great...now how about when you stop for gas Tongue
thinking of relocating filler neck or make a hole for filler door to keep in simple.
How are you going to weld those quarters on Leo? Very ambitious of you to tackle that in the underground without power. Nice work. Can't wait to see the finished project. Keep up the good work.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
no welding required, the quater pannel is made of some kind a fiber glass. i was there yesterday butchering,Big Grin the turbo shear is like a can opener! best tool ever!

anyone got any ideas how much a body shop would charge to replace both?? we got a couple of estimates, one body shop wouldnt even look at it, we were like wtf??Dodgy
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
yeah quarter panels are made of fiberglass and it is whole rear quarter panels.
but i didnt want to remove glass and drill out all spot weld to seperate..
so instead, i used 1" painters tape to cut along the edge and did same thing to fiberglass quarer panels.

i will put some plates behind to support fiberglass panels, i m testing using black silicone to see if it is sturdy..if it is too flexible, then i might have to use epoxy or plastic weld.
jesus...doing all of this in a underground parking lot?...wow...dedication man.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
silicone has been there for 8 hours so far and still not solid.
i am going to let this until tomorrow and if it is still flexible, i am going to use epoxy.

[Image: P20-12-11_19-58.jpg]
[Image: P20-12-11_19-591.jpg]
the colder it is the longer it will take...
silicone are you serious?? why not duct tape then?

go to your local parts store or body shop and get some tubes of panel adhesive and do it the correct way. the most correct way you can when hacking.

this is the nicest way i can say it. if you dont like it thats a shame. but epoxy or silicone all your going to do is kill someone when the panel flies off down the road.
that silicone is panel adhesive
(12-22-2011, 02:36 AM)PEGASIX Wrote: silicone are you serious?? why not duct tape then?

go to your local parts store or body shop and get some tubes of panel adhesive and do it the correct way. the most correct way you can when hacking.

this is the nicest way i can say it. if you dont like it thats a shame. but epoxy or silicone all your going to do is kill someone when the panel flies off down the road.

you don't even know what i used and saw it in person, assumed this and that and saying you are like a god or something becuase you are experienced with body work?

if i dont like it thats shame??no if you dont like it, stay away from this post, i dont like your attitude when posting for first time

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS MikkelRS 59 29,305 07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikkelRS
  Few new parts, possible build thread? jtdanks 40 24,251 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jtdanks