Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wrc rally replica build thread
(01-20-2012, 10:59 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: oh yeah??where can i get it?
can i use that on turbocharger?

You can get the whole line of Loctite products at Canadian Tire.

Be aware though that some of them are permanent - and that means permanent ... I think you would want the not-so-permanent type in case you need to disassemble your system for some reason. IIRC red loctite is permanent, blue not.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
he meant thread sealant, not threadlock and i dont think i saw any thread sealant at ct.

http://au.iloctite.com/en/loctite-545-55...ad-sealing
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(01-20-2012, 11:11 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: he meant thread sealant, not threadlock and i dont think i saw any thread sealant at ct.

http://au.iloctite.com/en/loctite-545-55...ad-sealing

Thread sealant / thread lock - Loctite's description of their 5xx product line is essentially the same as their 242 and 271 ... except the 242 and 271 have been tested to mil spec standards and are identified as designed for the automotive industry ... in any event both are labelled as "sealants" and "lockers."

If you really want the 5xx over the 2xx you could probably get it at an industrial supply house like Cisco on Dixie.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I got mine from brafasco, it was not cheap tho! I recall having severe sticker shock when i went to the cash.
Nice Leo... I'm picking up an oil cooler kit shortly as well... Pics of the install would be sweet!
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
are those "ignited" gauges? If so, they are absolute junk. Company has great support, kept sending me replacements free of charge, but they never worked or stopped working after a couple of months. gave up and went with autometer
(01-16-2012, 11:01 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [Image: 0115021935.jpg]

How will you hide all those bolts?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Maybe he's going for the "beyond thunder dome" look?
I assume they are there just until the panel adhesive cures, then removed and everything gets cleaned up by the body shop Smile
ahhh...that makes sense.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(01-21-2012, 05:07 AM)hardk0re Wrote: I assume they are there just until the panel adhesive cures, then removed and everything gets cleaned up by the body shop Smile

nope, not by bodyshop. i m doing it.

and yes, i used screws to hold panels until adhesive gets cured because of the temperature.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(01-21-2012, 04:54 AM)Flofocus Wrote: are those "ignited" gauges? If so, they are absolute junk. Company has great support, kept sending me replacements free of charge, but they never worked or stopped working after a couple of months. gave up and went with autometer
nope, it is prosport gauge
i was hoping to get front brake kit yesterday and drop front end..

and i got 1 more package coming in by monday or tuesday.
then i still need to order clutch and look for engine..hopefully i can get car on the road by end of feburary.
more goodies

venair coolant hoses
[Image: coolanthoses.jpg]

fuel adaptor + fuel pressure sensor
[Image: fueladaptor.jpg]

2 engine mounts + 1 tranny mounts
[Image: motormounts.jpg]

dayco timing kit
[Image: timing.jpg]
how much were the venair coolant hoses???
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
(01-24-2012, 11:31 AM)stupica1 Wrote: how much were the venair coolant hoses???

around US$350 plus shipping
how many hoses are all there? complete set?
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
(01-24-2012, 11:39 AM)stupica1 Wrote: how many hoses are all there? complete set?

complete 9 hoses total plus clamps.

samco comes with 7 hoses.
did u order everything from steeda? or just the motormounts? im pretty sure i need to get new passenger mount for my car so im planning on just getting poly mounts all around... because racecar!
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
(01-24-2012, 11:52 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: did u order everything from steeda? or just the motormounts? im pretty sure i need to get new passenger mount for my car so im planning on just getting poly mounts all around... because racecar!

drive/pass are steeda and rear is cfm brand w/race bushing.
but i ordered from cfm.
ended up buying permatex high temp thread sealant at canadian tire.
i thought thing have to have ptfe teflon in it but looks like thread sealant will do the same.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS MikkelRS 59 29,307 07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikkelRS
  Few new parts, possible build thread? jtdanks 40 24,251 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jtdanks