Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruise To FR12 thread... Discuss!!
I got nothing. Lil. But an sct tuner for engine lights. I'm also gonna bring extra timming belt and serpentine belt.... I got no spare or a jack.. Speaking of jack. Who's got a low pro one for us really low guys?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-13-2012, 10:16 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: I got nothing. Lil. But an sct tuner for engine lights. I'm also gonna bring extra timming belt and serpentine belt.... I got no spare or a jack.. Speaking of jack. Who's got a low pro one for us really low guys?

I'll probably have one lol
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I should probably buy one lol. Anyone no where toget a good one?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-13-2012, 10:31 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: I should probably buy one lol. Anyone no where toget a good one?

Buy one at Princessauto. They will warranty it for life no matter how much it gets beat up lol
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Very tru
Instagram @o_so_slo
Im going to have a spare set of spark plugs, small tool set along w/ a portable compressor and other small things. This is a pretty minor drive but it is a good idea to have some stuff just in case ofcourse.
Also I will get the route from last year off my gps
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(03-14-2012, 12:21 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: Im going to have a spare set of spark plugs, small tool set along w/ a portable compressor and other small things. This is a pretty minor drive but it is a good idea to have some stuff just in case ofcourse.

Just don't go "too overboard" on the tools; US border guards don't like it when it looks like you're coming in looking like you're going to work.

Just a tip.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
(03-14-2012, 06:07 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(03-14-2012, 12:21 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: Im going to have a spare set of spark plugs, small tool set along w/ a portable compressor and other small things. This is a pretty minor drive but it is a good idea to have some stuff just in case ofcourse.

Just don't go "too overboard" on the tools; US border guards don't like it when it looks like you're coming in looking like you're going to work.

Just a tip.

Very true!!

I've heard some bad stories from people about this. Thanks for the reminder.

(03-14-2012, 06:07 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: Just don't go "too overboard" on the tools; US border guards don't like it when it looks like you're coming in looking like you're going to work.

Just a tip.

I'm well aware. It will all be in my spare tire well and by compressor i mean a little portable 12v tire inflator

Border guards are dicks in general so remember not to bring contraband or anything that they may think is sketchy

i could put a bunch of stuff under my floor aswell mines a whore to take out...i guess bringing the NOS bottle is out of the question eh?? never even thought of that
Instagram @o_so_slo
ya your going to want to limit the non sense as much as possible...

the NOS bottle... what a shame it wont make the trip Sad You could bring it, but be prepared for an explanation for it!

(03-15-2012, 04:03 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: ya your going to want to limit the non sense as much as possible...

the NOS bottle... what a shame it wont make the trip Sad You could bring it, but be prepared for an explanation for it!

There is a way you can do it. The tank is ment to power ur car and also bring some documents off the internet about the dangerous goods in that bottle and what harm they do and proceedures you will require if there is a accident.

If you have all that they shouldn't have an issue with it. And if they do I have my tdg for canada and us so I could just take it threw but that will take longer getting through.

Personally, I've got dual citizenship so I very rarely get a hassle because I AM a US citizen. I go over 20+ times a year.

To those that aren't and only occasionally cross the border, be smart about bringing crap in and trying to skirt the system.

I've been at the border when they walk the drug dogs up and down the rows of cars waiting in line.

If you get pulled in and you're in an obvious group, you put the whole group at risk. Sometimes you are judged by the company you keep.

If you get pulled in and they find contraband (pot, hidden goods), it will (best case scenario) get seized and you'll get sent back. End of road trip.

Make sure your passport/enhanced driver's license is valid. They won't let you over without one of them. And if you've ever had a criminal record in the past (and even not) it's never a bad idea to visit your local OPP or police detachment and get a police clearance letter. Since 9-11 they don't screw around.

Not trying to be a killjoy, just trying to save you guys from getting a hassle.
I have been searched many times, it is a pain in the butt. Fortunately each time was just cuz and I was good. They do toss your stuff around a lot tho and waste a pile of time

just a heads up if you pass port is coming due and with in 6months of its renewal they will reject you and send you home.

im still trying to make this trip.
but on the tool note i know from experience if you can bring a Full size spare at least something that will clear your brakes ex. 16" for the svt brakes.do so as you dont want a flat tire and a mini spare at highway speeds to ruin a good weekend
ya i lost my passport, dad lost my birth certificate so im waiting for my new Birth certificate to apply for my new passport at the moment.

fortunately these days you can pay an extra like 50$ and get your passport in 5 days

but yes, make sure it isn't up for renewal within 6 months

haha thats brutal, i surprisingly havent lost my passport yet. seeing as i lose everything else lol.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
i still need to get one lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-15-2012, 11:07 PM)PEGASIX Wrote: just a heads up if you pass port is coming due and with in 6months of its renewal they will reject you and send you home.

im still trying to make this trip.
but on the tool note i know from experience if you can bring a Full size spare at least something that will clear your brakes ex. 16" for the svt brakes.do so as you dont want a flat tire and a mini spare at highway speeds to ruin a good weekend

I think I know what you mean here ... but just to be clear: you can cross the border today with a passport due to expire tomorrow.

What I think PEGA is getting at is the planning ahead part ... making sure now that your passport doesn't expire between now and the time you're coming back from FR12.

And yeah, you can get your new passport within a week - it will cost you $50 on top of the usual $85 renewal, and you will have to go to a special office and pick it up. For me, the closest office for pickup was in Mississauga so not too bad ... if it's the same for you Jamie that's a bit of a hike.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(03-15-2012, 10:15 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: I have been searched many times, it is a pain in the butt.

I heard it gets easier in time after they've loosened you up. Tongue

Bah-dum-dum....tish!!

(Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week folks, please try the fish!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official FR12 Focuscanada.net Discussion thread GFXjamie 89 50,185 06-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Official FR12 Attendance thread darkpuppet 14 11,216 02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: stupica1