Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wrc rally replica build thread
there was leak on that fitting, and this fitting is 1 time use only..
tried to take off and could not do it, i left it as-is as leak was not serious.

i could've put some jb-weld around it..

1 day, my friend decided to tighten more and he pulled brass fitting without holding cooler side and whole thing got twisted.

i enjoyed watching oil fountain for couple seconds.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
tonight, my car will go for 3rd gear wot datalog.

and seems like the engine i have has better compression.
with exact same setup, my old engine had 4~5 psi and this one has 7~8psi.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
^ This will be fun!
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
well car was doing 6.5 psi.
next monday when weather is clear, i will be doing 9 psi 3rd wot datalog and if datalog looks okay, 11psi.
here is how mounted spoiler, made brackets from left over metal strip.
needs some more cleaning and painting but looks good and holds strong.

[Image: 20120604_122928.jpg]

[Image: 20120604_123049.jpg]

[Image: 20120604_123155.jpg]

everything is mounted but still lot of things to do.
[Image: 20120604_122422.jpg]

[Image: 20120604_122331.jpg]

[Image: 20120604_122738.jpg]
old turboxs boost controller and brand new turbosmart in-cabin boost controller both have same boost leak problem..
i am not sure if it is boost spike or boost leak.
Is it making any boost?
i did have constant boost (around 6.5psi) when i was doing 3rd wot datalogging with boost controller closed.
i turned boost up on turbosmart in-cabin b-controller, boost went upto 8psi and went down to 6.5psi.
swapped to my old turboxs b-controller and seems like it is better but still have small leak.
If its holding a constant psi , and dosnt go below that , wouldnt that be a spike not a leak?
i guess i confused you.

first, without boost controller open, means internal wastegate has 6.5 psi.
and that 6.5psi was constant.

now, benefit of having boost controller is to raise boost.
when i raised boost, it was showing 8psi, then it goes down to 6.5psi in a seconds, no matter which gear i am in.
(06-05-2012, 12:57 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: i guess i confused you.

first, without boost controller open, means internal wastegate has 6.5 psi.
and that 6.5psi was constant.

now, benefit of having boost controller is to raise boost.
when i raised boost, it was showing 8psi, then it goes down to 6.5psi in a seconds, no matter which gear i am in.

Is the internal waste gate disabled by the boost controller? Just looking at the numbers it seems to me the iwg is still operational.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I was thinking the same thing.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
The IWG will always be operational... What happens is the boost T changes the psi the IWG is seeing... So, the boost controller is seeing 8 psi but only let's the IWG see 6.5 or whatever...
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
So leo, what's the ETA on completion.
Right down to the last decals?

I wanna know when I come see it!

a
Lol how's the visibility with that spoiler threw the rear view mirror haha
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

IWG(6.5) is operational. my post #604 says i did 3rd wot datalog no problem.
so this extra 1.5psi from boost controller is not holding constant.

I am not sure when this car will see the last decals but I will be able to drive next month or two.

Lol??why? visibility is not bad

leo bring it to the scarborough meet tomorrow and we'll figure it out...
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
[Image: 20120710_132443.jpg]

removed stock fuel door
[Image: 20120710_132454.jpg]

[Image: 20120710_132501.jpg]

not actual fuel door i ordered but look something like this and in brushed aluminum finish
[Image: asm-6041pl_w.jpg]
car is drivable and getting plate reg sticker tomorrow.

cannot decide which way to go..

[Image: plate1.jpg]

[Image: plate2.jpg]

[Image: plate3.jpg]
Upper middle of grill with a black/smoked cover on it.
BTW, sticker goes on the back plate on cars, front on trucks.
(This car is just dying for an excuse to be pulled over. LOL)
(07-11-2012, 08:03 AM)moon111 Wrote: BTW, sticker goes on the back plate on cars, front on trucks.

thanks i know that much.
never had any pulled over issue before with kona for the last 8 years, hope i am good with this car.
(07-11-2012, 08:03 AM)moon111 Wrote: Upper middle of grill with a black/smoked cover on it.

tried upper middle, it looked kinda weird but i will see when i actually get mesh grill mounted.
yea, right below the michelin sticker on the grill
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS MikkelRS 59 29,256 07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikkelRS
  Few new parts, possible build thread? jtdanks 40 24,221 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jtdanks