Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Maintenance Starting Sunday May 2
Just wanted to let you know that I'll be looking to perform the first phase of our site migration starting Sunday, May 2nd at noon.

At this time, the forums will become unavailable while we migrate to the new forum software.

The migration will preserve all of the posts on the site, however, you will lose all your Private Messages.

Please take the necessary steps required to backup your PMs before May 2nd. We will not be responsible for any lost PMs as of May 2nd.

The site should be back up sometime on Monday, May 3rd.

thanks!
-dp
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

sweet
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
so the message I am about to send to meaford will be lost? oh darn!
My other ride is your Mom
Looking forward to the upgrades. How about our signatures and avatars, will they be lost or saved?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 9 2010, 06:24 PM Wrote:Looking forward to the upgrades.  How about our signatures and avatars, will they be lost or saved?
[right][snapback]304852[/snapback][/right]

signatures and avatars will be saved for the most part. If you want to see what your current account will look like, check out the beta site at fc-web.ca.

hell, I encourage anyone with a few free minutes to test out the new board software and raise any issues they run into prior to May 2nd.

*just note that the beta site contents will be replaced with the latest content from here on May 2nd.

Um okay???

So for the cooler guys on teh site that don't realize what the fawk or how the fawk you back up your PM's, could you ellaborate?

NOT a techno geek.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Sure..

- click on the My Controls link
- click on Archive Messages

- select the number of messages, date, etc you wish to archive.
- select excel data file or HTML (recommended) as the export file type
- click OK.

let me know if you run into any problems.

p.s. just doing some testing, and found that users of IE 6 may not get the best visual experience from the site. I highly recommend updating to IE 7 or 8 (9's coming out soon).

Opera, Chrome and Firefox work well as well as the blackberry browsers.

meford4u,Apr 9 2010, 07:26 PM Wrote:Um okay???

So for the cooler guys on teh site that don't realize what the fawk or how the fawk you back up your PM's, could you ellaborate?

NOT a techno geek.
[right][snapback]304861[/snapback][/right]

are you a country music geek instead? HOWDY! :P Yee Haw!!
will the new site have IM? My buddy on VWvortex says its the shizzle :P
sonic_mikey,Apr 12 2010, 01:57 PM Wrote:will the new site have IM? My buddy on VWvortex says its the shizzle :P
[right][snapback]304990[/snapback][/right]

I haven't settled on that one yet... there'll eventually be something akin to IMing.. I just haven't decided if it'll be a shoutbox, or if it'll be proper IMing (amongst people you choose)...

just a quick reminder that we're doing our software move on Sunday.. Make sure you save your PMs before noon on Sunday!

I've completed the board software updates. Please login and give your impressions.

If you run into any urgent issues, please send me an e-mail (darkpuppet@sympatico.ca)

looks good mang. by the way, I sent you a PM asking for help with contacting Micro Bunny, and I know you said that the board software upgrade you can't guarentee our private messages will be saved once the change over, so perhaps you lost the message in the change over, I'll message you again, I also have suggestions for some features and feed back too.

Take Care puppet.
wow this is really nice.
WTF my post counter is back to 2...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Site looks cool, the PM notification at the top seems a little wonky tho..
Is there a reason I need to come in via http://www.fc-web.ca and not http://www.focuscanada.net????
(05-04-2010, 03:17 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Site looks cool, the PM notification at the top seems a little wonky tho..
Is there a reason I need to come in via http://www.fc-web.ca and not http://www.focuscanada.net????

yeah, we're switching hosting providers, and that was the safest way to give the new software a full test before migrating the domain name over.

Is there a recent activity section, where I can view all the currently active threads like there was in the previous version?

It takes too long to go through all of the sections for new activity.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Well, guess I'm going to have to start post whoring again to get back up to 3000 posts...Gonna be pretty hard without scooba, paparoach, bunny, nos, raine, zoom, fociphil, crazikev, SVTDouchebag, etc...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(05-04-2010, 03:17 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Site looks cool, the PM notification at the top seems a little wonky tho..

yeah, I tried migrating the PM's across, but it wasn't perfect. I would recommend folks empty their inboxes.

unfortunately, there's going to be things like this that I didn't find in initial testing. Be patient, I'm trying to work out the wrinkles as we go.

(05-04-2010, 07:04 AM)dBlast Wrote: Is there a recent activity section, where I can view all the currently active threads like there was in the previous version?

It takes too long to go through all of the sections for new activity.

If you click on New Posts, or Today's posts, it'll show you the recent activity. let me know if that doesn't suffice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site Maintenance - Sunday, Feb 26 from 4pm EST - 11pm EST darkpuppet 0 1,694 02-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet