Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Canada 2006 Bbq / Swap Meet
[Image: BANNER.jpg]

Seeing summertime is upon us more and more each day It's come to my attention that it's time to plan the FC.NET BBQ for 2006.

Incase you were not able to make it last year, we had over 3o cars at once attend. It's an event that helped us realize just how many people enjoy the Ford Focus. I myself was completely blown away at the turn out alst year as I'm sure a lot of people who attended were as well.

Here are some pics from last year.

[Image: SWEET.jpg]
[Image: STRAIGT_LINE.jpg]
[Image: NO_PARKING.jpg]
[Image: HARDKORE_3.jpg]
[Image: EVERY_COLOUR_OF_THE_RAINBOW.jpg]
[Image: GROUP_SHOT_2.jpg]

As you can see, it was a great turnout. It's a great place to meet and greet members that you have met and not before. We had people from as far as Ottawa attend last year!

This year will work the same way as last.
Bring your parts new mods and significant others as it's a day for everyone.

When?

SATURDAY AUGUST 12TH 2006
***we planned this for later inthe year so EVERYONE has well enough notice to make it!***

Where?

MY PLACE:
5173 DRYDEN AVE.

House: 905.319.9287
Cell: 905.483.0976

Time?

11:00 am till whenever

***This year there will be no photoshoot, but there will be a cruise in the country. I'm planning a route heading north to where the roads are twisty. My plans are to find a great ice-cream parlour or chip wagon we can embark on. Details to follow*** (I'm open to suggestions)

Please bring cameras and video machines as there will be PLENTY of oppertunity to get some shots.

FOCUSCANADA.NET will have both hamburgers and hotdogs as well as a variety of beverages available for purchase with ALL proceeds going to the breast cancer society as well as FC to help support the site.

Because we will be taking over the school parking lot next to my house as we did last year...I have to put some rules in place.

Rules:

No burn-outs
No audio compititions
No drinking of alcohol
No drugs

Faliure to obey these rules will result in a possible ban as well as removal from the premisis. This is in my neighbourhood and I'd rather not attract any negative attention as my neighbours will be watching. (they were VERY impressied with last year's turn out)

If you could, please start a list of attendees!

Hope you all can make it!

Please stay tuned for updates!

maps:

[Image: MAP1.jpg]
[Image: zoom_map.jpg]
No photoshoot?

PHEWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Nothing for me to worry about then.

I"ll be there.

Everyone knows that is a long weekend? Monday the 7th is the Civic Holiday.

EDIT: There is no Saturday August 6th, which is it:

Saturday the 5th or Sunday the 6th?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Apr 19 2006, 03:26 PM Wrote:No photoshoot?

PHEWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Nothing for me to worry about then.

I"ll be there.

Everyone knows that is a long weekend? Monday the 7th is the Civic Holiday.
[right][snapback]182116[/snapback][/right]

Sorry...I meant the 12th.

Not a long weekend!

Can you still come?
Yes........

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Good call on the non-long weekend weekend. :lol:

Count us as tentative.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
great!
I'm in...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
count me in. Will this be a focus only event?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Ask Bunny about the ice cream place. He and I were talking about it last weekend and he said there is a nice place just south of Guelph.

And I hope to be there. Keep in mind I will be accepting both large and small gifts that day. And I will continue to remind you all that that particular day (Aug. 12th) is my 40th birthday.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I might be in but I'll know closer to that date. Won't be driving the focus in though!
MAlby7,Apr 19 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:I might be in but I'll know closer to that date.  Won't be driving the focus in though!
[right][snapback]182149[/snapback][/right]

I'll be there, if I'm not in Alberta with work.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
ill be there
any hotel/motels nearby?? i dont feel like driving all the way back to windsor that night like i did for NOTL.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
hey anthony...2 words

super blue!

hopefully its not 100 degrees this year!
yeah I'll try to make it out to this event again, but a little earlier then last time, but bummer on the photo Shoot, that was a really wicked thing we did and no other site did that.......

it would be cool to do it again.

but yeah back on topic, I'll do my best to make it out this year.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
If I can find a place north of the city that would hose that many cars for a shoot, I'll make it part of the run.

Glad to see the positive response already.

As for hotels / motels, there are several along the Q.E.W. PM me and I'll get you some info if your interested.
I'm hoping to make it out this year, aslong as i have that weekend off i'll be there.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Count me in!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I'm in for sure had a good time last year

Great turnout.

:D
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Count me in...
hey anthony!

count me in for sure
i will definetly be there well before dinner time like last time.
but yeah it should a GREAT time this year. last year was amazing and everyone was so nice and very welcoming. thanks again guys.

see yall soon
greg

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus Canada 1st Meet Of 2008 - Dave and Busters darkpuppet 95 26,180 01-17-2008, 12:55 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Toronto Meet - Masiv Mondays - May 1 2006 At 8pm Broli 94 56,641 05-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Bbq/swap Meet Time Of Events Schedule.... ANTHONYD 209 115,892 06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD
  Another Reason To Attend The Fc Bbq / Swap Meet ANTHONYD 42 13,586 06-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Last Post: scoobasteve