Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front End Squeak
After a couple dealer visits, and an end link replacement (those bastards told me they'd change both... and I noticed only one changed) I went to my local Speedy where I know a mgr, and he found that the front brake pads were moving around noticeably (with wear on the mount for the pad itself), lubed it up, and it's all quiet now... not that it's a permanent fix or anything, but if it does come back... Ford will be hearing from me.

I went for a road test with one of their 'mechanics' and they heard the squeak on both sides of the car, so why replace only ONE end link?

Just thought i'd post this up, even though most times this relates to a bushing, bearing, or strut... and of course, the end links... :rolleyes: not in this case.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Apr 17 2006, 08:43 AM Wrote:After a couple dealer visits, and an end link replacement (those bastards told me they'd change both... and I noticed only one changed) I went to my local Speedy where I know a mgr, and he found that the front brake pads were moving around noticeably (with wear on the mount for the pad itself), lubed it up, and it's all quiet now... not that it's a permanent fix or anything, but if it does come back... Ford will be hearing from me.

I went for a road test with one of their 'mechanics' and they heard the squeak on both sides of the car, so why replace only ONE end link?

Just thought i'd post this up, even though most times this relates to a bushing, bearing, or strut... and of course, the end links... :rolleyes: not in this case.
[right][snapback]181557[/snapback][/right]

NEVER drive he car away unhappy.

And you probably shouldn't have f uck d with it outside the dealer. Now their going to blame Speedy.
Anthony's right. Warranty is a free license to bitch and complain. If you're not happy with the car, scream and yell. They have no choice but to fix it or face the wrath of FoC.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Well they can frig off (the dealersahips :P), I got it fixed, and my buddy that used to work at the dealership I go to... did the same thing to my old Ranger for the same issue. It seems when the car sits for too long, this can become an issue.

I've got warranty until 2010, I don't really care... Ford wasted over an hour of my time to replace one end link, telling me they were replacing both, and told me that cars make noise, and that is inevitable... besides, my g/f's father was the mechanic that worked on my ride... so it's all good. No work was really done, just added some grease to the pad mount after realizing the issue.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded