Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress With Hatch Install
So I wake up to the sound of the UPS man knocking at my door... seems he brought me a little gift...

[Image: picture.JPG]

1x Negative Battery Terminal Item #: BT-104N
1x Positive Battery Terminal Item #: BT-104P
1x General Motors Side Post Battery Terminal Item #: GMBT
1x Karma Kable 4 Channel RCA Kable 6M Item #: KAR4-6M
1x Karma Kable 2 Channel RCA Kable 4M Item #: KAR2-4M
2x Karma Kable Y adapter 1F2M RCA Kable Item #: KAR-1F2M
1x KonFUSED 3 Way Distribution System Item #: KNF-23 (need 2 40A and a 30A fuse)
1x KonFUSED Ground Distribution System Item #: KND-23
2x BC-1024 Kompression Ground Distribution Block Item #: BC-1024
2x Gold Plated 1/0 Ring Terminal - Black Item #: RT1/0516BK
1x Gold Plated 4AWG Ring Terminal -Black Item #: RT4516BK
1x Snap Bushing/ Grommet 1/0 Item #: SB0
1x Set Screw Ring Terminals - 1/0 Item #: SSRT0
5x Gold Plated 4 Gauge Spade Terminal - Red Item #: ST48R
5x Gold Plated 4 Gauge Spade Terminal - Black Item #: ST48BK
1x Gold Plated 8 Gauge Spade Terminal - Black Item #: ST88BK
1x Gold Plated 8 Gauge Spade Terminal - Red Item #: ST88R
9x Gold Plated 10 Gauge Spade Terminal - Black Item #: ST108BK
6x Gold Plated 10 Gauge Spade Terminal - Red Item #: ST108R
1x Klear Kable Blue 10 Gauge Speaker Wire - 100Ft Item #: KLE10BL-100
4x Kolossus Kable 8 Gauge Blue Power Wire Item #: KOL8BL
4x Kolossus Kable 8 Gauge Silver Power Wire Item #: KOL8S
20x Kolossus Kable 1/0 Black/Silver Power Wire Item #: KOL1/0BKS
10x Kolossus Kable 4AWG Black/Silver Power Wire Item #: KOL4BKS
20x Kolossus Kable 1/0 Red/Silver Power Wire Item #: KOL1/0RS
1x Kompact Kap 1.2 Farad Item #: KPK-1.2-K
2x In-Line Waterproof ANL Fuse Holder w/ Fuse Item #: FH-20 (120A Fuse)

I'm going to have a busy week next week :)
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
:blink: You're installing the rolling equivalent of the Rogers Centre sound system in you car? :lol:

NefCanuck
What are you planning on installing?

Thats alot of stuff?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

sounds like he's running 2 amps .. about 2000watt's total? maybe alittle more

i've got the 1/0 gauge power wire in my car running 2000watts
Below Average Car Club
schade,Apr 12 2006, 08:01 PM Wrote:sounds like he's running 2 amps .. about 2000watt's total? maybe alittle more

i've got the 1/0 gauge power wire in my car running 2000watts
[right][snapback]180886[/snapback][/right]

2000W, um, how many capacitors do you need to run that at full tilt and how long can you pull it off? :blink:

NefCanuck
No caps in my car .. and my lights don't really dim when i'm pushing it hard ... caps are a waste of money in my eyes
Below Average Car Club
schade,Apr 12 2006, 06:06 PM Wrote:No caps in my car .. and my lights don't really dim when i'm pushing it hard ... caps are a waste of money in my eyes
[right][snapback]180889[/snapback][/right]
caps have their own valuable uses; they do not function well when used as a solution for excessive current draw, but they do have their purposes.

may i ask what equipment you will be using?
1/0... must be deadly.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
It's probably all overkill but I love redoing my installs every year

Here is the system:

Alpine CDA-9835 HU

Alpine MRV-T757
running an Elemental Designs 16Kv.2 in a 2.6 cubic foot fiberglass enclosure. I may at some point replace the sub with a 16Ov.2 but for now this sub is quite up to the task. There is always the possability that I go back to my Lambda Acoustics PB15... dare I?

Alpine MRV-F407 running two Vifa XT Ring Radiator tweeters (8000 + up)
[Image: xt25sc50.jpg]
and a pair of Bohlender Graebener Neo8 planar transducers (teeth shatteringly clear 800-8000)
[Image: 264-712m.jpg]

Rockford Fosgate 400s running two Ascendant Audio 6.5" Poly High excursion Mids
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/poly_6.5_page.html
Luke.

Tarmac.
Yeeeaaahh... Knukonceptz is the s***!

so honkeytonk... where do you plan to mount the transducers? I've always wanted to do a setup like that, but the tuning. and custom work seems like too much work...

so i'll stick to my focals...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
The transducers are the first version with pretty poor off axis response. This has been remedied wit the newer version. I am building kickpanels for them to get them as far from my ears as I can, then they will be aimed at the very center between the headrests.

Fiberglass is even more fun than running wire! :)
Luke.

Tarmac.
Honkeytonk Monkey,Apr 13 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:The transducers are the first version with pretty poor off axis response. This has been remedied wit the newer version. I am building kickpanels for them to get them as far from my ears as I can, then they will be aimed at the very center between the headrests.

Fiberglass is even more fun than running wire! :)
[right][snapback]180970[/snapback][/right]
That's pretty pimp you gotz skillz Honkeytonk. Ohh and when you get this beast done I wanna see it. I liked jay's setup before but this looks to be killer :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I had to kill Jay's setup with a claw hammer :) That and I didn't want the TV in the car so I sold that part off.
Luke.

Tarmac.
NICE BOX
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Just got the 6.5s ordered today. I am psyched. I've heard these things kick some serious ass!
Luke.

Tarmac.
You sure you want your mid-bass speakers next to your foot.

You're going to throw your stage right off :blink:
Actually I prefer the mid in the kickpanel to a door location. The mid and Neo8 will share the kickpanel with the mid only playing up to 800Hz, then moving to the Neo8. If I have the mid and Neo in seperate locations, I'll run into two problems. First I'll have to tune for the space between them, and then I have to build out a door pod since these things are too deep not to interfere with the window or inner door. These mids have an 11.5mm one way excursion. My Vifa 7" PLs in the last car had a tendency to connect with the inner door panel when played hard and these will be even worse.

The mids and Neos will both be aimed at the centerpoint between the front seat headrests. The Vifa tweeters will be pillar mounted with a slight forward angle which will effectively raise the stage up and forward. Since they only have to play 8000 and up they will not draw too much but should be quite effective.

My biggest concern with my plans is that the neos look alot like a fancy dead pedal...
Luke.

Tarmac.
Got my battery in the car. She's in there solid and hasn't moved at all in the week it's been in the car.

This is the basic battery box. It's built of 1/8th hardboard with 3/4" marine grade plywood bracing.

Here is the spare tire well cover with cutouts for the battery and fuse block locations

Installed in the hatch

Sub enclosure is just about done as well, but I only have old pictures of it's early days last summer

Gratuitous ass shot
Luke.

Tarmac.
Holy s*** mad skillz. Propz to you.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Looks good so far.

Are you gonna leave the battery exposed like that?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads