Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaking Front Wheels
got my tires balanced thinking it was my tires but the front end feels like it shaking - the steering wheel shakes alot - but we ran the balancing and its perfect and the rims are true

any ideas??
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your brake rotors are warped
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
focusnme,Apr 12 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:got my tires balanced thinking it was my tires but the front end feels like it shaking - the steering wheel shakes alot - but we ran the balancing and its perfect and the rims are true

any ideas??
[right][snapback]180735[/snapback][/right]
Did you check your tires for any bulges or problems with the belts?

I just went through the exact thing with one of my snow tires -- bounced at high speed and at low speed it felt like the steering wheel was going back and forth.

Turned out to be a bulge right in the middle of the tread. I could barely see it but the tire guy felt it with his hand. I was skeptical at first but replacing the tire fixed the problem.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Crazirich,Apr 12 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:Your brake rotors are warped
[right][snapback]180747[/snapback][/right]
same problem i had
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
also check the lug nutz... i know it happened to my friend, one side the lugz were not tightened all the way, and the wheel had some play and wobbled. its totally unsafe and can damage not only your car,but other people on the road.
My other ride is your Mom