Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Green To Blue
Nice job. They look pretty good in red too.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

NefCanuck,Apr 9 2006, 11:36 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 9 2006, 10:17 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Apr 9 2006, 10:07 PM Wrote:Nice looking mod.  Is it possible to do other colours or is that limited because of the basic design on the switches?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]180189[/snapback][/right]

You can change them to what ever colour you can buy the LED's in. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow. You need to get about 15 3mm LED's in the colour of your chosing and maybe 5 610ohm resistors to do the headlight switch and all the power window switches. Next on my list is to do the power door lock switches.
[right][snapback]180191[/snapback][/right]

Ah, y'see the power door lock switches on the '05's don't light up at all (at least mine don't seem to do more than emit a sick green glow that's just about invisible...)

'course the fact that the cruise switches on the steering wheel are dark as pitch at night is a major PITA, but nothings gonna change that I fear...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]180193[/snapback][/right]

I was reading about this earlier today. The door lock button has the LEDs in there already, but they aren't wired. Go figure.

There is a post on Focus Fanatics about how ti wire them up and get them working. Basically a couple of screwdrivers, a soldering iron, and a couple of feet worth of wire. I am going to do it tomorrow.

heres the link:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=26759

There is link in there with some pictures/etc.. and a couple of pages further, this is important for us (05+):
-----
Ok well i just got mine installed. At least on the 2005, the passenger side is different from the drivers side. You have to connect the (+) to the solid green wire and the (-) to the black wire.
-----
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
That looks good man...nice job!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
torradan,May 8 2006, 08:45 PM Wrote:I was reading about this earlier today.  The door lock button has the LEDs in there already, but they aren't wired.  Go figure.

There is a post on Focus Fanatics about how ti wire them up and get them working.  Basically a couple of screwdrivers, a soldering iron, and a couple of feet worth of wire.  I am going to do it tomorrow.

heres the link:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=26759

There is link in there with some pictures/etc.. and a couple of pages further, this is important for us (05+):
-----
Ok well i just got mine installed. At least on the 2005, the passenger side is different from the drivers side. You have to connect the (+) to the solid green wire and the (-) to the black wire.
-----
[right][snapback]186122[/snapback][/right]

I am the one who put up the pic's in that post. I am 02ZX5cominalive on FF.com. Thanks for the comments. How did yours turn out torradan? The photo's on the FF link are on page 5.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I always thought threre was a LED in there. The plastic (white) is a bit different than the rest.

It looked transparent.

I guess the EURO Focus' lit up.

Another neat little thing N.A. got left out of. :(
would anyone wanna swap 15 3mm blue LED's for 15 red LED's. i have an excess or viper led's at the shop but i hate blue.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
I tried to do it today, but the wiring is very different in the power locks. I have a sedan too, so more wires in there.. None of the wire colors matched up at all.

I went through all the combinations of wires with a multimeter, but couldn't track down which wires were for the lights. I even checked the wires for the window locks, and they were always hot, so those aren't helpful.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
I will pop the panel off and take some photos af where the wires go. I used a test light to probe the window switches to find the power source. I should be able to have some pic's by Friday I think.

The door lock harness dose not have any wiring for the lights, not even any female terminals for the wires to hook into. You have to do some work to make it light up. I had the switch apart to find which terminal was the positive and negitive.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.