Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 Zx4 Want To Lower 1.5' Any Suggestions
Hi, I drive an '05 zx4 ses all stock, would like to lower it about 1.5' or1.75' would prefer coilovers, but springs would do also. Any suggestions. I was unable to find anything for the '05 model. thanks
You're coming up on the limit of what the stock dampers will take for lowering.

Might want to consider a full kit. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 16 2006, 02:22 PM Wrote:You're coming up on the limit of what the stock dampers will take for lowering.

[right][snapback]193494[/snapback][/right]
any idea on availability/price? recommendations? found a set of h&r springs 1.5' drop $620 installed - sounds a bit too pricey for springs only... i'd rather spend more and get a full kit <_<
zx4_ses,Jun 16 2006, 02:30 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 16 2006, 02:22 PM Wrote:You're coming up on the limit of what the stock dampers will take for lowering.

any idea on availability/price? recommendations? found a set of h&r springs 1.5' drop $620 installed - sounds a bit too pricey for springs only... i'd rather spend more and get a full kit <_<
[right][snapback]193496[/snapback][/right]

thats a bit high. you can get the H&R cup kit touring which i think runs about 1.5" for less the $1000. install would not be more than a couple hundred, especially since your car is fairly new.

also look into the eibach pro kit with dampers, i think it runs aroun $500-700 and has dampers matched for the springs. and you have 2 options 1.5" or 2-2.2" wiht the sportline springs.
add front and rear sway bars and i think its like $1100

i would want to know how much they were charging for install

install cost shoudl not be much different between just springs and springs/dampers.

definitely shop around though, id even say check canadian tire cause they are a keystone dealer and can get pretty much all parts.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jun 16 2006, 02:44 PM Wrote:
zx4_ses,Jun 16 2006, 02:30 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]193496[/snapback][/right]

thats a bit high. you can get the H&R cup kit touring which i think runs about 1.5" for less the $1000.
also look into the eibach pro kit with dampers, i think it runs aroun $500-700 and has dampers matched for the springs. and you have 2 options 1.5" or 2-2.2" wiht the sportline springs.
add front and rear sway bars and i think its like $1100

[right][snapback]193499[/snapback][/right]
thanks gonna give it a try.

thats a bit high. you can get the H&R cup kit touring which i think runs about 1.5" for less the $1000. install would not be more than a couple hundred, especially since your car is fairly new.

definitely shop around though, id even say check canadian tire cause they are a keystone dealer and can get pretty much all parts.
[right][snapback]193499[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
just checked h&r website, cup kit lowers the car more then 2 inches
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html
they have a new one out

theres info in this thread:
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...7178&hl=cup+kit
with price quote
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jun 16 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:they have a new one out

theres info in this thread:
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...7178&hl=cup+kit
with price quote
[right][snapback]193516[/snapback][/right]
awesome!