Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them!
I'd forgotten all about this thread and seeing the recent posting prompted me to give a full report on the Nokians I have on the car now...

Nokian All Season WR2

Well, put a winter on these things and man, these things saved my life going to and from Wiarton during hellacious snow storms during my time there :ph34r:

Grippy as hell in the snow & ice, two thumbs up!

NefCanuck
Falken 512's, 195/60/R15, so far so good, good grip, even in the rain. fairly quiet compared to the Goodyear's that were on it.
Michelin X-ice, little bit of slippage in icy conditions, from the drive wheels, no back end sliding. Noisy on pavement.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
UPDATE on the bridgestone traction t/a tires in 205/55/16 size

i have used them for 20,000 miles.. the sidewalls are very soft. i am using slightly higher than the manuf recommended tire pressure (36psi f/r) and i get significant sidewall roll. if i up the pressure the tires feel better but grip is noticeable reduced.

there isn't much grip to begin with. the limits are very low..

EDIT: the grip seems about the same as stock goodyr rsa tires

also, i noticed that there is some cracking on the outside portion of the treads. i guess repeated high load conditions and heat cycling are very unfriendly to these tires

there could be some good things about this tires

1) tread seems like it will last forever
2) they break away progressively when they lose grip
3) they lose grip soon so you can practice rotating the car at the edge of traction without having to go faster (so you could maybe save the car easier if you accidentally over rotate)

again, AVOID these tires :)
i donno if i should be posting it in this thread but does anyone know in GTA area maybe where i can buy Falken Azenis 615's for a somewhat good deal?

215/45 R17 is what im after at!

by the way i have Wanlis and they are crap
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,May 22 2007, 02:48 AM Wrote:i donno if i should be posting it in this thread but does anyone know in GTA area maybe where i can buy Falken Azenis 615's for a somewhat good deal?

215/45 R17 is what im after at!

by the way i have Wanlis and they are crap
[right][snapback]239202[/snapback][/right]
Sent you a pm
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
P6 205/50/16

Well these are a very good all season tire, they work in the snow (kinda) they grip in the rain and they are fun in the sun. I saw someone check out my tires as a blew by him on an off-ramp. I have 19'000km on my 07 and they still read 7/10 on tread wear...not bad for a godd all season tire

Well I will get real snows this winter, and when these run out of life I will go with a Kumho summer tire.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Planning on replacing in my opinion the crap p6's and been looking at fuzion ZrI what do you guys think of them ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Jun 14 2007, 08:19 PM Wrote:Planning on replacing in my opinion the crap p6's and been looking at fuzion ZrI what do you guys think of them ?
[right][snapback]241403[/snapback][/right]

i suspect the fuzion tire will last a while and give ok grip.

if you're in the market for a full on summer tire, i suggest kumho mx, falken azenis rt615, or bridgestone re-01r
kumho ecsta MX 225/50/16

just got these tire put on 20 miles ago. reasonably quite and comfortable on the highway. i'll update you guys some more when i start to drive stupid with them. i expect there is some dry grip left on the table compare to the latest and greatest tires like the bridgestone re-01r or the yoko advan neova but there is quite a bit of grip here. i have used kumho 712s before and there is quite a bit of difference between the tires!

i can't wait to take on some mountain roads with these tires over the weekend

EDIT: After spending some time with these tires I am starting to like them more and more

the sidewall isn't crazy stiff but i can use fairly low (34f/32r) tire pressure and the tires aren't rolling over. they get more sticky as they heat up, and they don't feel like they have a tendency to break traction suddenly.

they are fairly quiet on the highway too

i recommend these tires!
Goodyear Eagle RSA 195/60 HR15: You'd be suprised if I liked them. I didn't.

Kuhmo Escta Supra 712 - 205/55R15: Tire's got good traction in both wet and dry. A marked improvement over the Eagle's however I can never take full advantage of hte tire.

Kuhmo Escta Supra 712 - 225&245/50R16: For daily driving, this tire's on par for an ok performer. I feel as safe going around a corner in the rain as I do with any other all-season tire.

On the track, the tire performs well. Once the compound is heated, it's sticky and a lot of fun. I find the sidewalls tend to scrub on hard cornering but that could be a pressure setting.

Toyo Proxies TPT 205/55R15: Great tire for the first 20-30k, ok dry traction but wet traction left a taste less desirable. In the rain the tire spun and never connected. After the tire was half used, the compound hardened and completely sucked for wet and dry traction.

Dunlop FM-901 205/55/R15: Love these tires. They performed well on the track and on the street. Nothing to note for wet traction... however I would buy these tires again.
03' Focus SE

"Know, think, choose, do." Orson Scott Card
BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS. 235/50/ZR18 245/55/ZR18
TireRack
I'm very happy with these tires. Great traction in the dry and wet. Only fault is no warning when about to break loose in the fast sweeping turns (happened once at Shannonville) but on the street I've never come close to passing their limits.

Very bad in snow, I use Hankooks in the winter.

Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Just had a set of MICHELIN DEFENDERS put on a couple of weeks ago. Haven't used them yet but my son says they are great.
(05-16-2013, 02:39 AM)Norval Wrote: Just had a set of MICHELIN DEFENDERS put on a couple of weeks ago. Haven't used them yet but my son says they are great.

this shows all.
directly stolen from michelin canada.

BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I have 215/45/17 BFGoodrich GiForce comp 2 tires. The best summer tires I have ever owned. Stiff side walls for cornering but still a comfortable ride. Wet performance is outstanding, I don't even notice the roads are wet. Only negative is that they do not have a tread wear rating, time will tell how long they will last.

For winter I run 185/50/15 Goodyear Nordic(old style) and Hancook I-Pike. I have 2 of each, running two types because I got them for a screaming deal at Canadian tire for both. Both are great winter tires but I prefer the Hancooks.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
(06-15-2007, 08:39 AM)naz Wrote:
zx5power,Jun 14 2007, 08:19 PM Wrote:Planning on replacing in my opinion the crap p6's and been looking at fuzion ZrI what do you guys think of them ?
[right][snapback]241403[/snapback][/right]

i suspect the fuzion tire will last a while and give ok grip.

if you're in the market for a full on summer tire, i suggest kumho mx, falken azenis rt615, or bridgestone re-01r

I had the Fuzion ZRi's on my SVT EAP's in a 215/45/ZR17...they awere fantastic for the price paid, including in the wet. They were only lousy when it was colder than 10C...they were too hard and gave up lateral grip.

As all of you know, they were superseded by the Fuzion UHP. I have those in a 215/45 ZR (W/Y) 17 on my Stock Sentra Spec V wheels for the summer. I can report that they are also very good (and I got them for even less money from PMC tire in Sherbrooke QC than my ZRi's were). On dry, they are fantastic, especially after you get them warm...high-speed maneuvers on the highway are effortless after driving for 10-15 kms. The only setback to them is they aren't the best when it comes to hydroplane resistance. Regular wet traction is quite good. I didn't have huge expectations as these are the cheapest summer tires I could get for my 17's without buying some pacific rim no-names.

I am using them on a car with a 2.5L with a 6MT and LSD with around 175hp and 185 tq (not at the wheels), and they don't succumb to my car's torque steer like my winters do.

I would say they are better than the Pirelli P6's and Khumo's that often come on the newer Foci stock.

Hope this helps...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Update on the BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 tires, put 70,000Kms on them which is pretty good no a tire with no rating. By the end it developed really bad flat spots on the tire making them incredibly noisy. Great performance but not the best for a commuter tire.

Any recommendations for a commuter tire? I put roughly 65,000kms plus a year. Need a tire with a good kilometre rating and quiet.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
I also forgot, my Spec had 215/45 17 Fallen Fk452's on it's summer wheels when I first got it, and even badly worn they were really nice. The Fusion UHP's replaced them, and so far, so good.

My family vehicle (2011 Ford Flex Ecoboost Ltd) currently has Cooper CS4 touring tires on it, and I actually like them a lot. Smooth, quiet, fairly responsive, etc. They are even decent in the snow (advancetrac awd helps a lot), and really nice in the rain. I will talk more about them at a later time.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...