Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them!
Pirelli P6 205/50/16 all seasons: Great traction in the summer, hard compound, crappy in the snow and I always seemed to break them loose in the rain. Overall: I had fun with them, especially for burnouts.

Bridgestone Blizzaks 205/50/16: Best winter tire in my opinion, I never got stuck, they lasted a long time (3 years total, 2 years on my cousins focus and 1 on mine). Couldn't break my car free in the snow if my life depended on it. Did a sweet burnout tho

Clicky
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Nitto Neo gen

No one has tried them ?

Looks like it's gonna be my choice for next summer . I'd like to get some feedback is any has some.

Thanks !

[Image: img_neogen_1.jpg]
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
I've been running Goodyear Assurance TripleTred's for a couple months now, and they're a great tire! Big overall improvement over the P6... but I do miss the stiffer sidewalls on on the Pirelli.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Goodyear Nordic (from Canadian Tire) 205/55R16
great price, excellent snow traction, very good ice traction. Accepts studs. You can get them in the stock 16" wheel size. directional V tread for excellent slush/wet traction. At highway speeds they are a little noisy
tread picture click here
I've only used them for 2 weeks during on major snow storm-melt-refreeze. And i never got stuck. Even when the snow was deep enough that I was plowing it with my bumper (and denting all the heatshielding underneath)

edit - I have now proven that they are excellent on ice too. This winter I raced in a rally-x on a frozen lake, and I beat all of the 2wd cars (including cars with studded tires)
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
Goodyear Assurance 185/70-R14 Better than expected snow traction, lousy ice traction: I didn't buy them for dry road performance so I didn't expect much and they delivered what I expected-not much.
Goodyear F1 GS-D3 215/40-ZR17 Awesome cornering-their grip currently exceeds my ability (the pucker factor). Tends to track a bit in a straight line and has a nasty habit of picking up gravel in the grooves. Awesome grip in the rain-the best I have experienced. Big price difference between Canada (tiretrends=234.95) and the US (tirerack.com=139.00).
euro_zx5,Dec 7 2006, 02:27 AM Wrote:I've been running Goodyear Assurance TripleTred's for a couple months now, and they're a great tire! Big overall improvement over the P6... but I do miss the stiffer sidewalls on on the Pirelli.
[right][snapback]218953[/snapback][/right]

ya me too...neat directional tread design...
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
Toyo Proxes4 225/45ZR17

Yeah they're huge, and not cheap. Best tire I've ever used IMO.

2002 Infra-red ZTS
Falken 512s
215/45ZR 17
nice tyre holds well on dry not overaly confident with it in the rain.
Got 20 k out of a set hard driving.
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
pirelli p6 205/50/16 on my zx5 focus they seem to have good grip in the snow on my car anyway , I find they dont have a very long life span from what they wear and what ive read there avegae life is only like 20,ooo km .
I've found worse OEM stockers than what came bundled on the focus.

have to pull the brand name and whatnot, but whatever comes standard on a v6 mustang, don't bother!

I put them on for the winter, and am seriously considering putting the summers back on. These things have pretty spotty grip on warm, clear pavement (so I learned before the summer tires came in)... and then you freeze the pavement... it sure doesn't take a lot to get 'em spinning.

I'm seriously hope that the narrow tire coupled with the weight of the car will prove me wrong when the snow arrives. Right now, I'm not particularily looking forward to it.

p.s. if these were the tires Jeremy Clarkson had when he raced against the live mustang, I can see cleaerly now how he'd lose.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

timhickey,Dec 8 2006, 10:37 AM Wrote:pirelli p6 205/50/16 on my zx5 focus they seem to have good grip in the snow on my car anyway , I find they dont have a very long life span from what they wear and what ive read there avegae life is only like 20,ooo km .
[right][snapback]219176[/snapback][/right]

Whoever told you that is bulls***ting you. I put 11,000 KMs on a set of P6s that must have had 2000 on them prior to me picking them up. They've easily got another 50-60,000 left in them.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 12:54 PM Wrote:
timhickey,Dec 8 2006, 10:37 AM Wrote:pirelli p6 205/50/16 on my zx5 focus they seem to have good grip in the snow on my car anyway , I find they dont have a very long life span from what they wear and what ive read there avegae life is only like 20,ooo km .

Whoever told you that is bulls***ting you. I put 11,000 KMs on a set of P6s that must have had 2000 on them prior to me picking them up. They've easily got another 50-60,000 left in them.
[right][snapback]219264[/snapback][/right]

I got 50000 km out of my P6 and I was hard on them (including a number of auto-x) I wore them down to the wear bars before i replaced
'04 liquid grey ZX3 - my FSP auto-x car
'02 infra-red SVT  - my street car, now for sale
thenorm,Dec 8 2006, 07:06 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 8 2006, 12:54 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]219264[/snapback][/right]

I got 50000 km out of my P6 and I was hard on them (including a number of auto-x) I wore them down to the wear bars before i replaced
[right][snapback]219302[/snapback][/right]

I was at 27k when my wear bars were showing. And that was with mixed driving, although I am very hard on tires and the car in general. I went from driving Ford Rangers, to a Focus... gimme a break. :lol:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
^^^^ Im my P6's only lasted me about 35k, not to far off from you! They are still on my car, but a new set of Falkin's are goin on her for the summer! I hope those Falkin's last me at least 2 summers lol, if they dont then I know I do way to many burnouts/drifting around corners :lol:
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
I am going to list my winter tires first since they are basically new
Their the Wally World Wintermark Magna's Grip's 205/75/14's on the Ranger.

Their actually a very nice winter tire, good on the ice, poweder, hard packed snow you name it. Not very loud, great grip on dry pavment..... Also very good in the rain. They tend to throw rocks and everything else quite easily.

My summer tires were Firestone FH380's i think....

Wonderful grip in the dry, rain not so much lol, great if i don't push them hardcore to the limit because if i nail it, i have no grip what so ever.... it will spin all day long. Quiet, wear pretty good if i am not always on the gas from a standstill B)

Next summer i will need new all season/summer tires.... God knows what i will get then....
My Mom Says I'm Special
Aurora H107 P205/55/R16 All Seasons

Got them last year when the old stock tires wore out and other then a minor slow leak in one of them, they have been wonderful on the dry and wet, and not to bad in the snow either. I'll replace them after winter beacuse I'll have worn them out by then. (crap loads of milage since I got them New)

Dunlop Tires P295/55/R15 All Seasons

Best Tires I ever had, they felt so meaty on the roads in all conditions, never slid on ice or anything, best set of 4 " budget friendly" tires I ever bought for the stock 15" rims.

As For winter Tires, I never had the need for them yet.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Kool_ZX3,Dec 12 2006, 11:25 PM Wrote:I am going to list my winter tires first since they are basically new
Their the Wally World Wintermark Magna's Grip's 205/75/14's on the Ranger.

Their actually a very nice winter tire, good on the ice, poweder, hard packed snow you name it. Not very loud, great grip on dry pavment..... Also very good in the rain. They tend to throw rocks and everything else quite easily.
[right][snapback]219907[/snapback][/right]

I just picked up the same tires for the Focus. 185/65R14. No snow here in the city yet but I am heading to Burks Falls after Christmas so I get to try them out then. My Fuzions in February sucked big time up there.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Goodyear Eagle RSA(stock tires) - Can't really complain about these tires. Not the greatest grip or anything, but they lasted me 4 and a half years without too many problems.

Hankook Ecsta Sports (Summer tires) - These tires are by far superior to the stock tires on the focus, and they grip awsome, and have very little road noise. Not too bad on wear, especially with them being as soft as they are.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi (winter tires) - These tires have been rated above the Blizaks in more than one occasion. And i will vouch for that. My dad has the Blizaks on his focus, and mine handles twice as good in the snow, even after being 2 years older than his tires. Awsome tires and would recomend to anyone.
A little update..

Kumho ECSTA AST - 205/50R16

I love them. I didn't get a chance to write my feelings on them since I got them replaced in the dead of winter.

Winter handling was pretty good with them.. not going to say they were better or worse than the P6s, at least for me.

Now that I got a chance to try them on dry roads, they handle pretty well when we were out during the weekend. Didn't seem overly loud, and the ride was smooth.

Will see how they handle an autocross session in a couple of weeks.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Michelin Hydroedge - quiet, good handling, nice ride, GREAT in the wet (currently on my new van)

Michelin Harmony - quiet, crisp handling, nice ride, wet traction and snow traction not the best (currently on the Focus)

Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice - loud, not bad handling, great traction everywhere

BF Goodrich Traction T/A - not too loud, good handling, good wet and dry handling, snow handling to be desired
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost