Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them!
Pirelli P6 (205/50R16s) re-mix:

We've had these tires on the new 2007 Focus ZX5 hatch since we got it last week. Day 2 of ownership included a snowstorm with ~ 1 foot of snow. We drove the 130 KMs or so to my in-laws in Garson, ON (just outside Sudbury) in about 2.5 hours. We stopped 4 times to clear the ice off the wiper blades, but we never stopped ONCE because I felt unsafe using those tires in those conditions. We also were the "lead wagon" in a line of about 12 cars. We frequently left those cars behind in the worst areas by just maintaining 60 KM/H. I'm really quite stunned by the Pirellis' performance.

There's a hill leading out of/into Wanipitae, 5 minutes east of Sudbury. Normally driving this hill requires a solid run at it (before starting up it, even in dry weather as it's at least a 7% grade) if you have any aspirations of doing the legal limit up it. We took it at about 70KM/H in the new car, in 4th, no TCS kicking in. Stopping due to a lack of traction was never a thought. The new power of the Duratec is nice, but I was expecting massive wheelspin and fighting with the TCS. No dice.

I backed the car up the in-laws well-inclined driveway before shoveling it, again without even pissing off the TCS.

We all have our own experiences with different tires, but at this point I'm hard-pressed to run out and buy 4 winters after last weekend.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them! - NOS2Go4Me - 12-06-2006, 01:45 PM
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them! - 02ztsian - 12-08-2006, 01:55 AM