Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them!
I haven't seen a collective tire thread yet... so please delete / merge if there is mods. thanks :)

Guys/gals - please list the tire brand, specific tire, sizing, and any special circumstances with an entry for each tire used. This goes for ALL drivers - daily, special show cars, track cars, whatever. One entry per tire in your post, but the listing can be cumulative - ie. 3 sets of proxes, one sucked, two rocked :P

Without further ado:

Goodyear Integrity all-seasons, 185/65R14 (stock 2001 SE sedan equipment).

Synopsis: A great year-round tire for those wishing to save gas and impersonate old ladies. Not a decent on-ramp performer. There's a significant amount of heel-over in heavy cornering. Gas mileage is king with these tires, and an unexpected plus is their winter driveability. I've yet to get stuck in 2 decent North Bay winters. This year (2005/06) was the worst on record for 25+ years. Never stuck once.

Firestone Firehawk all-seasons, 205/50R16 (stock on 16" 2000-04 Focus rims, S2 hatch in this case).

Synopsis: Got these tires well used from Hardk0re on the original S2 rims. They were grippy enough in the dry, but wet weather gave them pause at times. They were well-worn, with only another 8,000 KMs or so left on them right now. There's no early understeer when the SE is driven aggressively. One big downside is TIRE NOISE. Man, are these things loud at speed (100KM/H +). Not sure I'd entertain getting another 2 pair, considering they're 230+ each at the dealer. Many better tires can be had for less cash.

Pirelli P6 all-seasons, 205/50R16 (standard on 2005/06 16" Focus rims, ST/SES for sure).

Synopsis: These are definitely all-season tires... not for the lack of performance, but for their seemingly godlike grip in the rain. I've only had them for 5 days, but they just DON'T give up in the rain. I've purposely bent the car into a corner at 50 KM/H that I wouldn't even do at 35 on the 14s... no problem. I had to really give it hell to break it loose off the line, something that was easily done with both the stock 14s and the Firehawks on the 16s in the rain. I mean, they are BRAND NEW... but they're really grippy. Also, driving to work today in a couple CM of snow was uneventful. I tried to pitch it but it stuck well to the road. I'll update down the road, but so far I like them :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them! - NOS2Go4Me - 04-05-2006, 01:44 AM
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them! - 02ztsian - 12-08-2006, 01:55 AM