Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them!
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 4 2006, 10:44 AM Wrote:Firestone Firehawk all-seasons, 205/50R16 (stock on 16" 2000-04 Focus rims, S2 hatch in this case).

Synopsis: Got these tires well used from Hardk0re on the original S2 rims. They were grippy enough in the dry, but wet weather gave them pause at times. They were well-worn, with only another 8,000 KMs or so left on them right now. There's no early understeer when the SE is driven aggressively. One big downside is TIRE NOISE. Man, are these things loud at speed (100KM/H +). Not sure I'd entertain getting another 2 pair, considering they're 230+ each at the dealer. Many better tires can be had for less cash.

I feel the same way about these tires with the exception of the noise. I didn't notice any noise out of the ordinary from these tires. They were excellent all season tires. I used these thr the winter until the end of February and the worked well in the little snow we had. To expensive to replace.

Fuzion ZRi, 205/50R16

These are my replacement tires for the Firehawks. These tires are a great value. They are excellent in the wet and dry. Work well in the corners and have an extra wide area around the bead to protect your rims. One of the 2 complaint's I have is that they pick up every small piece of fine rock from the road. Hopefully soon once all the roads have been swept the sandblasting of my rockers will stop. The second complaint is that they totally suck in the snow. But I really don't think these directional tires were made for snow.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Messages In This Thread
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them! - Focus man. Focus. - 04-05-2006, 09:07 AM
List Your Tires And Your Experiences With Them! - 02ztsian - 12-08-2006, 01:55 AM