Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Us Kids: To Fat For Car Seats
:lol:
http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/Article..._obesity_060403
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Look at the lifestyle now a days.... Not really suprising... But funny in some sick sorta way!
Alex
Not shocking at all........ the states are completely fawked when it comes to nutrition.
Its such a sad state of affairs when we can't even protect little kids cause they're obese.

I'd just like to give a big F*** You to all the fast food chains and junk food makers of the world. Especially McDonalds, Coke, and Pepsi.

Shame on you a**holes trying to advertise to kids. :angry2:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 3 2006, 12:18 PM Wrote:Its such a sad state of affairs when we can't even protect little kids cause they're obese.

I'd just like to give a big F*** You to all the fast food chains and junk food makers of the world.  Especially McDonalds, Coke, and Pepsi.

Shame on you a**holes trying to advertise to kids. :angry2:
[right][snapback]178766[/snapback][/right]

I keep asking this question.. where are the parents?

Mc Donald's was around, pepsi, coke, burger king, about 90% of fast food joints and their advertising to kids was around when I was a kid.. hell, we even had cigarette companies advertising to me when I was a kid.

But my parents never let us eat that food. Sure they still didn't teach us proper eating habits per se, but whatever, you can't go blaming the fast food companies and junk food makers, because they're not the ones feeding it to the kids. If you're still in a child seat, chances are quite likely you're not making the food choices for meals.

and the thing is... Canada isn't much better....
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

You are very right!! Canada isn't much better. The food quality is going down and down......

I follow my nutrition VERY WELL as well as nurtitional contents on typical foods and it's insanely bad for the most part.

The states are worse as they tend to go with even larger size items (fast food) when compared to us here.

Go watch SUPERSIZE ME, there's so much truth in that show about this topic you can't even comment on it further after you watch that. With diabetes becoming so prevalent in the states (and here) things need to be done. Last time I read, one in three kids born recently will develop diabetes in their lifetimes..... that's horrid.
if anybody has seen the film 'Supersize Me' they will know all about this subject in the US, if you haven't watched it go out and rent it or wait till it comes on your tv but it is worth it to watch and see the damage of eating nothing but MCD's for a whole month.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
bah, when i worked at Mcdicks.....thats all I ate.

Then again, I was skatebaording more than 10 hours a day to then. :lol: :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
It's actually, very sadly, the legal system in some ways that plays a decent-szied part in all this. Punishment of children is now all but removed from the parents' scope of capabilities.

Spank your kid? Go to jail if the kid or a family member/friend tells Children's Aid. deny them supper for an hour? Same scenario.

Ground them from the Internet? Get ready for dreamed-up stories of punishment and beatings. X-Box? Same.

It's gone. the disciplinary actions of parents have been replaced with harsh words at best, and even those will have you at the receiving end of a mental abuse lawsuit.

Pick them up when they run away? Forcible confinement charges, especially if within the grey area of 16-17.

Parents are the problem, but the problem was brought on by civil liberties and political correctness / human sensitivities "gurus".

Supersize Me is a great eye-opener, but it's not the fix-it solution. Actually, those reality talk shows like Maury and crap are just as much of an eye-opener. I saw one during the day once that was dedicated to "Moms who feed their kids to keep them quiet". Done. They all saw no problem with having obese babies, so long as said babies were quiet.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Well, the parents were there. They were there when the kids, who have been bombarded by commercials to which they are not very immune to, bugged parents to go to McDonalds.

Now that I think about it, its not really fast food anymore. Its fast processed food.

Think about it. All the meats in McDonalds menu is processed (hamburger, hot dogs, sausage, etc.). None is whole cut meat (steak, whole chicken breast, etc). All they serve is the bad parts of meat or leftover cuts reprocessed. EWWWW

McDonalds does nurition wrongs in all their meals, excessive salt, mounds of sugar, grade B meat, white bread, starchy foods.

Why do they do such a thing, cause it makes food taste good and devellops an addiction.

It probably wasn't as bad back in the 60's, with original recipes. However, over the years, they cut costs by using different cheaper ingredients without considering the lives of their customers. That's like GM selling to people without having airbags and seatbelts. "We don't care if you die, long as you eat/drive our product." When they want to make the sale, they're all happy. When things go wrong, they turn a blind eye and blame it on the parents. I think corporations have a big responsibility to provide people with good, safe and healthy products.

However, if parents don't control what their kids consume, they are at as much fault.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Really it's no suprise though, Americans always had bad eating habbits to beging with, if you go down south to the southern states you'll see just how large and greesy everything gets down there.....

reality is it's up to the person / parent to really influance their children to do activitys round the house, or out in public, and for alot of Canadians it's hard to do that too with the costs of living are as high as they are not to mention how hard it really is these days to sit down with your kids and talk to them, let alone make a real home cooked meal like that of what people ate 50 years ago.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 3 2006, 02:39 PM Wrote:reality is it's up to the person / parent to really influance their children to do activitys round the house, or out in public, and for alot of Canadians it's hard to do that too with the costs of living are as high as they are not to mention how hard it really is these days to sit down with your kids and talk to them, let alone make a real home cooked meal like that of what people ate 50 years ago.
[right][snapback]178780[/snapback][/right]

Good point. I believe as well that this whole problem originates from the corporate world.

With the elimination of the middle class, a single income in some instances cannot support a family of four. Therefore, mom and dad have to both have jobs just to make ends meet. Why has this happened, wages have not followed very well with the cost of living and inflation over the past 50 years. There has also been more of a push for women to work and not stay at home to raise the kids. Instead, kids are sent to daycare (although there is nothing wrong with daycare, nothing can beat a mother's touch to raise kids).

So in conclusion, i don't think that it is just the fast food corporations who are to blame, its really all of corporate america and their rich owners.

Fat kids die first in a car accident...meh.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
K_OS,Apr 3 2006, 05:33 PM Wrote:if anybody has seen the film 'Supersize Me' they will know all about this subject in the US, if you haven't watched it go out and rent it or wait till it comes on your tv but it is worth it to watch and see the damage of eating nothing but MCD's for a whole month.

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]178769[/snapback][/right]

that movie is pretty misleading though.. I am not saying McD's is not bad... it is. But if you eat only one type of food all month you'd get the same.... only eat Italian food all month long 3x a day and lets see what happens.

Everything in moderation is alright it's the fact that these food companies are putting in ingredients that are known to be addictive and keep you feeling hungry. The fact is fat and hungry people will eat more food so why not make them fat and hungry?

Things have to change from the top not the bottom meaning these corporations have to be responsible for their products they sell don't rely on the consumer making the right desisions cause you're putting in ingredients that make you become to the food. How can one make the proper desisions if they are addicted? It's not just the states either, France of all places is now on it's way to being fat. Open up a few McD's in etheopia and they'll be fat too.

but that doesn't matter, it never the corporation's fault it the fault of the comsumer that can't control themselves. But hey there is nothing the corps can do about that now is there.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Everytime I travel to the US, I look upon them and say wow, they make me look skinny.
And that's not a joke. I am a big man (getting smaller by the day on my diet) but when i am in Florida, holy crap I am not thin, but in the middle of the road when comparing the fat scale.
Maybe what we need is a little more fatty. fatty 2X4 teasing and a little less "oh, don't hurt the child and give him/her what they want" and kids will quickly learn that they need to stop associating food with love.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
When I was a kid we ran around outside all day until after dark.

We did not have video games, mp3 players, walkmans, computers, instant msg, cell phones or the internet, all things that keep kids stuck on their fat asses. My TV was black and white and it only had about 5 channels or whatever fuzzy snow it could pick up with its rabbit ears.

I did not know what a fast food restaurant was until high school. Now you can't go into a fast food restaurant with seeing a indoor play area for kids and a toy with every kid's meal. They program this kind of eating as soon as they are old enough to eat solid food.

It's no wonder kids are obese as ever these days.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
meford4u,Apr 3 2006, 04:03 PM Wrote:kids will quickly learn that they need to stop associating food with love.
[right][snapback]178805[/snapback][/right]

Reminds me of that SNL skit with Alec Baldwin. The Triangle of Pain Diet. :lol:

having worked at mc donald's, I've seen salads come and go, I've seen the mclean come and go, and I've seen other 'healthier options' come and go as well.

The fact of the matter is that mcdonald's makes the food available, but nobody wants it.

Mc Donald's is in the business of making money, not going broke trying to cure people's lack of willpower or common sense. After seeing fatty after fatty order double quarter pounder meals, supersized with an apple pie and Diet Coke, it's not the restaurant's fault.

Mc Donald's does what any good business does, and makes a menu that sells, that's why you see the Mc Lean and Mc DLT making way to the Mc Griddle. it's not because they should be selling steaks instead (that's not their business), it's because nobody wanted the healthier options.

And that is hardly Mc Donald's fault... People like to find scape goats all the time. I'm fat because I drank beer and wings, not because the bars didn't offer healthier options other than beer and wings.

Parent's kids are fat because they don't put the time or effort into making decent meals and raising nutritional awareness with their kids. As sensationalistic Super Size Me was, it didn't really address the underlying problem.

Go and watch Jamie Oliver's School Kitchens series, and you'll see someone that not only properly identified the problem, but fixed it at the source.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Apr 3 2006, 08:13 PM Wrote:having worked at mc donald's, I've seen salads come and go, I've seen the mclean come and go, and I've seen other 'healthier options' come and go as well.

The fact of the matter is that mcdonald's makes the food available, but nobody wants it.

yes they do attempt at healthy food options. But just cause it's a salad doesn't mean it's healthy. At one point they had salads with more fat then the burgers.

darkpuppet,Apr 3 2006, 08:13 PM Wrote:Mc Donald's is in the business of making money, not going broke trying to cure people's lack of willpower or common sense.  After seeing fatty after fatty order double quarter pounder meals, supersized with an apple pie and Diet Coke, it's not the restaurant's fault.

Bars are in the business of selling alcohol. They have to cut people off when they've had too much. It is irresponsible for a corporation to turn a blind eye if their product is causing harm. Big tobacco was the exact same way until recently. The day will come when "big food" will be in the same boat. Ford can't sell a car that is dangerous at speeds over 100k and have them slap a sticker on the car that says so. I know enforcing this sort of thing is near impossible cause there are sensitive fat people out there but you have to draw the line somewhere.

darkpuppet,Apr 3 2006, 08:13 PM Wrote:And that is hardly Mc Donald's fault...  People like to find scape goats all the time.  I'm fat because I drank beer and wings, not because the bars didn't offer healthier options other than beer and wings.

yeah it's not solely the food industries fault but they are part of the problem. You have to resolve the problem at the source. Saying that people have to stop eating that food isn't really a solution, if these foods were not around as readily as they are now there would be no epidemic. The food industry parents and the government are all to blame for this and unless they all work together nothing will happen.

darkpuppet,Apr 3 2006, 08:13 PM Wrote:Parent's kids are fat because they don't put the time or effort into making decent meals and raising nutritional awareness with their kids.  As sensationalistic Super Size Me was, it didn't really address the underlying problem.

Go and watch Jamie Oliver's School Kitchens series, and you'll see someone that not only properly identified the problem, but fixed it at the source.
[right][snapback]178809[/snapback][/right]

true most parents have NO idea what a balanced diet is. They feed their kids junk and then wonder why they throw tantrums and have health issues. The sad thing here is though you have to search long and hard for fruits/veggies and meat that are not injected with growth hormones and sprayed with pesticides.

as for that movie I have seen one that was along the same lines it could very well be the one you're talking about. I remember in high school so many kids lived on fries/gravy and water with the occasional pizza slice and hamburger mixed in. Vending machines were everywhere. They have vending machines in grade schools now! :unsure:
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
It seems we are more and more like Americans everyday. Blame someone else for your own stupidity and problems. Hopefully a huge corporation will make you fat by forcing you to eat their food and you can sue them for eleventy billion dollars so you can buy more of their food. Get a grip here. If you eat crappy food and get fat or die it's YOUR fault not McD's.

Disclaimer : Mcdonalds is good and nutritious food. Please don't cut me off. :D
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word