Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting A Dog.
My vote is for black/ golden lab, golden retriever or springer spaniel.

All the above dogs love water and you can train to be damn near perfect. Why do you think they use them for seeing-eye dogs, they are smart as hell!

My uncle has a springer spaniel trained perfectly. Hunting dog, the thing sees water and just dives in, super active also.

We went salmon fishing in BC, and there we a bunch of seals barking at us from a rock. The dog pointed at them and started getting ancy (whining) my uncle was like "Go get em!". Dived into the ocean and start swimming at them. Then he decided that wasnt a good idea and called him back. Turned around and jumped back into the boat. Those seals would have owned him.

My vote is for a golden lab.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
SangriaRedZX5,Mar 28 2006, 07:13 PM Wrote:Chocolate Labs... because I have one :)
[right][snapback]177678[/snapback][/right]

I always wanted one that I could name snickers.... then my friend got one and called it wait for it.

snickers.

I was pissed! :angry:
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
^^ Your friend is a lowballer!!!!!!!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
When they say those dogs are too small for your house... they're right. House sizes these days are just to small for big dogs. You need at least 1/2 acre for a big dog to really be comfortable.

My brother has a choclate lab, and it's destroying his townhouse. It's completely trained and obedient, and they take him out for walks. But you just CAN'T stop a young dog from playing. It's scratched up the hardwood floors. And put a hole in the wall by accidentally crashing into it.

I got a miniature poodle. Yeah, it's a wimpy dog, I know. I wanted a real dog, but it just doesn't make sense, and we have a 50x130 foot lot. That lot size is *just* big enough for our 16lb dog to excercise.

He serves the purpose, keeps my wife company when I'm gone. Very affectionate. Most importantly, ZERO shedding. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, a poodle is the only dog that doesn't shed AT ALL.
P-51,Mar 29 2006, 06: Wrote:He serves the purpose, keeps my wife company when I'm gone.  Very affectionate.  Most importantly, ZERO shedding.  Don't let anybody tell you otherwise, a poodle is the only dog that doesn't shed AT ALL.
[right][snapback]177910[/snapback][/right]

Bichon Frise don't shed either.

and it's quite the pain in the ass as the dog needs to be brushed pretty much every day... but my mom never did, she just gets the dog shaved... and it's a terrible little dog, I would never recommend one. Of course, it's my mom's dog, and she's not known for keeping pets properly.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Ask OAC Sparky about a greyhound.

I really liked how quiet his dog was with little shedding. But he would probably tell you how stupid the dog was.

Anyway, I think that would be a good choice to get a dog off the track.

Run boy run!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I have a friend with 2 greyhounds. They shed too.

Bichon Frise... yeah, but I pretty much consider that a white poodle anyway. ;)

We never brush ours, ever. His hair is a little thin, so that helps, and we keep it close cut.

Ours is a little high strung and yappy, actually he's barky... he's a little too big to yap. Anyway, but that's down to the breeder, we could have predicted it, but my wife fell in love with him soon as she saw him, and that was that.

We had a toy poodle growing up, wasn't yappy at all, and perfect temperment.