Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont Know Why, But This Makes Me Laugh Everytime.
second gen na focus are on the c1 patform? News to me.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Oy... I gotta spell it out for you today? You EWGing to the cabin again?

2nd gen Euro Foci, hence the C1 platform and 5-bolt hubs. 1.5/whatever-gen the 08+s are have 4-bolt hubs and some bastardized suspension setup with a mildly-improved Duratec20, no?

*bashes head off desk*
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Quote:2nd gen Euro Foci,

NA focus doofus. Thats what we have here and thats what were talkign about.

*smashes head on desk*

My point is still valid. other way around, he bought a better car than a North American focus :rolleyes:

Why would I give a s*** about a car were never going to see here. Wow. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,Aug 13 2009, 02:30 PM Wrote:
Quote:2nd gen Euro Foci,

NA focus doofus. Thats what we have here and thats what were talkign about.

*smashes head on desk*

My point is still valid. other way around, he bought a better car than a North American focus
[right][snapback]292642[/snapback][/right]

I don't give a s*** which car is a better car, I was remarking as to the fact that a 1st gen N.A. Focus is mostly identical, except for body and electrical bits, to a European Focus of the same model year and offering. We never really had anything beyond a 1.5 Gen Focus here.

I said that the Mazda 3 was on the C1 platform. What's not to understand? Time to change your air filter. :P

I'll say the same thing as I always do: I LMAO at anyone running around in a Mazda 3 or a Volvo S40, trying to have a "better" car than a domestic - especially one based on a platform built by a "hated" domestic manufacturer. In truth, they're all f***ING FOCUSES. Euro Focuses, but Focuses nonetheless. Just like we all know that the inline-5 cyl of our beloved Focus ST/RS is really a Volvo mill.

Like I said about the 3, thank the next RX-8 driver you see because Mazda bastardized everything good about the RX-8 interior and s*** it all over the rest of the Mazda lineup. That's not a hallmark of quality - that's a hallmark of laziness and an insult to RX-8 drivers.

I never knew it was so rampant, interior and exterior styling "borrowing" till I really stepped back and looked at it. Mazda should be ashamed of themselves. The only reason a Mazda 6 looks as good as it does is because most of the front end (pre-2010) is really close to the RX-8.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
You said

Quote:you sold your Focus and bought an almost-Focus

other way around, he got rid of the almost-focus and got the real deal C1 platform.

just give up. :lol:

Flofocus,Aug 13 2009, 01:51 PM Wrote:just give up.  :lol:
[right][snapback]292645[/snapback][/right]

x2
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 13 2009, 02:40 PM Wrote:I never knew it was so rampant, interior and exterior styling "borrowing" till I really stepped back and looked at it.[right][snapback]292644[/snapback][/right]

:lol: - who cares? many manufacturers do this, Saves money. WRX/STI/The forrester all share the same inetrior and hell very similar exteriors too.

frig, my 88 BMW had the same interior as my fathers 96. :lol:

You should be ashamed of a lot more companies then...
Flofocus,Aug 13 2009, 02:09 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 13 2009, 02:40 PM Wrote:I never knew it was so rampant, interior and exterior styling "borrowing" till I really stepped back and looked at it.[right][snapback]292644[/snapback][/right]

:lol: - who cares? many manufacturers do this, Saves money. WRX/STI/The forrester all share the same inetrior and hell very similar exteriors too.

frig, my 88 BMW had the same interior as my fathers 96. :lol:

You should be ashamed of a lot more companies then...
[right][snapback]292649[/snapback][/right]

IMO the only reason for such rapid change cycles now is to try and drive customer traffic twoards your cars when your cars aren't that exciting to begin with.

BMW? Hell MB was notorious for changing nothing substantial in there cars for years until the Japanese came along and forced their hand into becoming "stylish" and "gee whiz high tech" to command their prices after the Japanese outdid them and for less $.

BMW is built more to impress their drivers than to impress the neighbours so they aren't as far down the path of MB (yet)

If the Japanese ever get serious about out BMW'ing BMW? That's when things get interesting in the Black Forest :P

NefCanuck
nevermind, read your post worng Dan. :P :lol:
Flofocus,Aug 13 2009, 02:23 PM Wrote:nevermind, read your post worng Dan.  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]292656[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna say :lol:

Have you ever driven any of the Lexus I series (I think that's the "driver's car" line they're using to try and play in BMW's sandbox)

I read the glowing reviews but I get this feeling that the cars just lack passion compared to the BMW.

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Aug 13 2009, 02:51 PM Wrote:You said

other way around, he got rid of the almost-focus and got the real deal C1 platform.

Finally, you get it. Well, not totally - but close enough. Good job, sparky. Now go check for vacuum leaks so this doesn't happen again.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 14 2009, 06:41 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 13 2009, 02:51 PM Wrote:You said

Finally, you get it.[right][snapback]292686[/snapback][/right]

other way around goof. :lol:
and were done.