Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More F-ing Audio Issues
Now the deck craps out when I accelerate, hit bumps and such. The speakers crackle in and out too. Never did this before. Started on the weekend

The deck stays on, the sub goes out when the sound goes out.

Sounds like a connection no? :angry:

Ideas?
ANTHONYD,Mar 20 2006, 07:13 PM Wrote:Now the deck craps out when I accelerate, hit bumps and such. The speakers crackle in and out too. Never did this before. Started on the weekend

Ideas?
[right][snapback]175999[/snapback][/right]

It just started doing this on the weekend? Sounds like a connection/short issue but you hadn't played around with the audio recently I take it? :blink:

NefCanuck
You got a bad connection indeed :P
Who installed your Audio system?
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Tiketz,Mar 20 2006, 08:18 PM Wrote:You got a bad connection indeed  :P
Who installed your Audio system?
[right][snapback]176002[/snapback][/right]

I did.

Heading out now to resolve.
Sounds like a wire is not grounded propably...maybe?
Turbo arrived!
Check your grounds, connections for any loose disconnected, and cut wires.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
redo every connection in your whole system ... it'll save time in the long run

and headaches .. if you wanna wait till this weekend i'll gladly come down and help
Below Average Car Club
ANTHONYD,Mar 21 2006, 12:13 AM Wrote:Now the deck craps out when I accelerate, hit bumps and such. The speakers crackle in and out too. Never did this before. Started on the weekend

Ideas?
[right][snapback]175999[/snapback][/right]

ok are you describing 2 different problems here? The first problem is pretty much a bad ground connection somewhere. Accelerating or hitting a bump will move the wires around and therefore disconnect.

The second problem I would look more in the AMP area to see if you have a bad ground or other connection in that area. If possible can you simulate the problem? If the bass goes out look at the amp if it's off then it's a ground or power or even a remote wire on the amp.

good luck. You can MSN me if you want
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I think it may be a combination of issues.

I think the stock harness (Been through 3 decks now) is finally pooched and needs to be replaced. How I know this is that the problem comes back when I jiggle the harness.

I'm thinking I may just need to roll it into a shop to have the deck properly wired professionally. My morette connectors I don't think are doing the trick.

Does anyone know how much approx a rewire of the deck costs at a shop?

Question is....how long can I go without tunes???? I'm in Marriage classes all weekend. :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Mar 21 2006, 01:23 AM Wrote:I think it may be a combination of issues.

I think the stock harness (Been through 3 decks now) is finally pooched and needs to be replaced. How I know this is that the problem comes back when I jiggle the harness.

I'm thinking I may just need to roll it into a shop to have the deck properly wired professionally. My morette connectors I don't think are doing the trick.

Question is....how long can I go without tunes???? I'm in Marriage classes all weekend. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]176026[/snapback][/right]

if you're looking for an escape from the marriage classes then I would rewire it yourself. It is best to actually solder the connections but who has the time!. go out and get yourself a new harness and just strip the wires with enough length to wrap them tightly together and then tightly wrap them with elec. tape. Take your time and you'll do a good job.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Check your amp fuse for your sub. I had the same sorta thing my sub would cut on on bumps and such. Turned out that the fuse didn't fit right in the fuse holder and was bouncing around. Yes this is a kit holder so I donno why. Added a couple washers and problem solved. I could even see arc marks from where the fuse bounced.

Edit> Ohh and sacrafice something to the Elf lord. Then they will stop causing havok on your audio system.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
nass,Mar 20 2006, 08:43 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 21 2006, 01:23 AM Wrote:I think it may be a combination of issues.

[right][snapback]176026[/snapback][/right]

if you're looking for an escape from the marriage classes then I would rewire it yourself. It is best to actually solder the connections but who has the time!. go out and get yourself a new harness and just strip the wires with enough length to wrap them tightly together and then tightly wrap them with elec. tape. Take your time and you'll do a good job.
[right][snapback]176037[/snapback][/right]

If you get a small soldering lighter torch (what my cousin uses in his shop) you can get all the wires connected properly and securely. Then wrap them in electrical tape.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
what type of deck is it, if its your pioneer check the ground for sure, if its cracking in the speakers check out the wiring i know i had the same problem b4 with my pioneer
[img]http://www.focuscanada.net/images/fc_logo_black.gif[img]
Buy a new universal harness, strip/shorten the leads and just pigtail the wires with a TIGHT wrap of electrical tape. That's all I've done for the last... ugh... 12 years, never had an issue except where I botched the pigtails myself.

Had the same setup in our Focus for over a year now, never rewired anything. Just pigtail connections, electrical tape and a universal harness on our 6 year-old DEH-230.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Soldier da bitch. Problem solved.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
Its not too hard dude...

A shop will charge you 50+ harness...

In reality you can probably rewire it in 20 mins or less. You can probably reuse your current harness too providing you didnt cut the wires too short.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Mar 21 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:Its not too hard dude...

A shop will charge you 50+ harness...

In reality you can probably rewire it in 20 mins or less.  You can probably reuse your current harness too providing you didnt cut the wires too short.
[right][snapback]176145[/snapback][/right]

The wires are only about a 1/2" long, that's the problem.

I suppose I could wire extentions using the miles of old speaker wire I have kicking around...

I dunno, I'll look at it next week weather permitting...

BTW...The focus makes all sorts of wierd noises while travelling down the road with no stereo :lol: piece of junk. (at least it sounds like one)
Did you buy the connector that plugs into the oem plug in the car, or did u just stripe that end. If you bought the connector to oem, you can wire the deck harness up to the harness connector plug outside the vehicle making it easier to solder.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Phantom,Mar 21 2006, 12:32 PM Wrote:Did you buy the connector that plugs into the oem plug in the car, or did u just stripe that end. If you bought the connector to oem, you can wire the deck harness up to the harness connector plug outside the vehicle making it easier to solder.
[right][snapback]176158[/snapback][/right]

What I did was wire the harness from the new deck, tothe stock harness connector. Like I said, the stock harness has been through 3 decks so the wires have been clipped pretty short, I'll need to replace it either way. I'm thinking the easiest way is to just start from scratch. :(

No use in trying to save the stocker harness.
Ohh see now that sucks. I bought the extra connector plugs into the oem, has bare leads to wire to deck harness. Mucho easier to change decks.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP