Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like I Fixed My Fender...........
The ex-owner of my car installed some mud guard but on one of the fender he did the hole so close of the edge ( where the fender has a lip) that it broke and the fender lost all of it's rigidity and start bending towars the outside, I thought about buying a new one but seems like they will have to blend my left door and my hood to match the paint, after thinking about it for months I decided to try something and looks like it's gonna work.

Look at the gap I have between the plastic guard and the fender it self , all the road dirt , water and stones can go behind , it's no big deal but it was bugging me.

[Image: 31062.jpg]

What I'm trying to do is pull the fender back in and I think I did it , we have to see if it's gonna last.

After removing the inner fender , I sand down all the paint inside and glue ( with a special mixture bought at the auto parts ) a small cylinder with a hole in the middle to be able to run some stainless wire into to it.

[Image: 31063.jpg]

Next step was to make a adjustable bolt to be able to pull the fender inside , I used a butterfly nut and drilled 4 holes into it and ran a 6mm screw into it with 2 nuts to pull the wires.

[Image: 31064.jpg]

All I have to do now is install the wires and start tighting the nut to pull it in.

[Image: 31065.jpg]

Now the fender is back to it's original curve and I don't have a gap between the inner fender and the fender itself.

I know it's not much of a deal but maybe someone is in the same situation as I was and doesn't know what to do.

It does look better don't you think ?

[Image: 31067.jpg]

[Image: 31066.jpg]

All I need now is the nice weather to show up ... B)
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
Turned out good. I'm the same way... picky as hell, it's all good man.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
nice job man, it looks like new B)
03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]
Thanks guys , I thought about fixing this since I bought the car but did not know really what to do and how. The thikness of the metal is very thin on our fenders , if you have to drill hole in the lip be very carefull, you will run into the same problem as I did.

Since I haven't drove my car all winter and I have a heated garage , I did all kind of stuff to it , just odds and ends but I did change the front rotors , fixed the lights for my liscence plate , replaced the exhaust , cleaning and cleaning and cleaning..and more cleaning.. removed the FM antenna to stick a XM radio puck where the factory antenna was and I still catch FM like if the factory antenna was there , kind or weird isn't it ? I'm waiting for a set of SVT pedals that I should get next week and a K&N to fit my stock air box.

My buddy has a ZX5 and last week he stopped by Chomedy Ford to pick up a Borla Cat-Back that I installed last Thursday , the fit was better then my Focus Sport Cat-Back and I love the clamp who came with it , the one on the FocusSport is a regular ugly muffler clamp and the Borla was all Stainless.That was a nice evening project.
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

Nice.
VERY creative too!

I think if I was to do that to all the bat "fit and finsish" spots on my car, it would look like a game of cat's cradle.
ANTHONYD,Mar 18 2006, 06:17 PM Wrote:I think if I was to do that to all the bat "fit and finsish" spots on my car, it would look like a game of cat's cradle.
[right][snapback]175693[/snapback][/right]

I know what you mean , I bought this 03 ZX3 Juin 05 and the car has been driven a lot cause it had 103,000K on the clock already and saw at least 2 heavy winter, I had a lot and a lot of cleaning to do but I think I'm done , it's fun to do that ( if you have the time and place ) , it's a hobby for me , I was the same way with my last "ride".

oh....and a lot of beer..... [Image: drunk.gif]
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

Chapeau pour la dÃbrouillardise !

Ça règle le bobo de façon simple et je suis prêt à parier que le fender va rester beau pour très longtemps.

:beerchug:
got gas?
I went for a drive twice last week end in the capitale of put holes of Canada ( Montreal ) and it's holding up perfecly( so far ) ;)

On another note , I never ever leave my car outside , I mean at home and last week ( Thursday ) when I installed my friend's Borla Cat-Back , I had to move my car outside for about 5 hours and a little MoFo took my Ford chrome valve caps and he ( or she ) took only 2.... :angry:
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

probablement qqn qui a une moto :(
03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]
djrard,Mar 20 2006, 10:17 PM Wrote:probablement qqn qui a une moto :(
[right][snapback]176045[/snapback][/right]

Ouais ou un "becycle a pedal" :P
Martin !
...V8 RX7...