Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playstation 3 Release Slated For November
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 17 2006, 01:45 PM Wrote:The new "viewing mechanism" dictates that I attempt to connect the PS2 in a high-def format.

Has anyone ever connected their PS2 and run it in a true hi-def format? IE GT4 and 480p or 1080i?
[right][snapback]175493[/snapback][/right]

PS2 doesn't do high def. It connects to a component input, which does give you a better picture than even S-video, but it's still just 480 lines interlaced resolution.

NefCanuck
Hrm. Why the heck are those options available for GT4 in the Options menu then? I've turned them on... mind you while using standard composite video... and it decidedly buggers the signal. If nothing else, that tells me that it might be feasible.

I'm just lazy, and whilst spending cash on new paintball gear for the better half and myself and saving for a new living room picture window... I don't wanna spend the cash unless it will work :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 17 2006, 01:55 PM Wrote:Hrm. Why the heck are those options available for GT4 in the Options menu then? I've turned them on... mind you while using standard composite video... and it decidedly buggers the signal. If nothing else, that tells me that it might be feasible.

I can rent the game and see whether my TV detects a high def signal coming in but unless Sony out & out screwed the pooch when it came to listing the specs on the PS2 I have. I'd have to say not possible (I have the older design with the motorized disk tray)

NefCanuck
Well if you're bored and already have the component video cables for the PS2, that would rock. :)

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NefCanuck,Mar 17 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 17 2006, 01:45 PM Wrote:The new "viewing mechanism" dictates that I attempt to connect the PS2 in a high-def format.

Has anyone ever connected their PS2 and run it in a true hi-def format? IE GT4 and 480p or 1080i?

PS2 doesn't do high def. It connects to a component input, which does give you a better picture than even S-video, but it's still just 480 lines interlaced resolution.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]175495[/snapback][/right]

PS2 does indeed do hidef. I've seen 720p run off it..game support goes as high as 1080i.

component outputs and hidef tv and compatible games are all you need.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Mar 17 2006, 10:17 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 17 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]175495[/snapback][/right]

PS2 does indeed do hidef. I've seen 720p run off it..game support goes as high as 1080i.

component outputs and hidef tv and compatible games are all you need.
[right][snapback]175594[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Is that limited to certain models of PS2? 'cause mine definately says in the literature 480i only on component and I have a hidef TV with component ins :blink:

Hrm... know anywhere I can find a list of hidef PS2 games to see if I can rent one of em?

NefCanuck
Besides GT4 I'm not sure what to suggest. I'll see what I can find.

My spending is officially kaput for a bit after I square up on the rest of our new hobby together.

ok, I'm a bit wrong... PS2 does output dolby and DTS through the optical out. Now I can watch Doom..

GT4 is the only game so far that outputs to 1080i ... but GT4, along with Shadow of the Collosus and Black support 480p

I think the 480i limitation may be for DVDs as the PS2 doesn't do upscanning.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

So I have until at least November to finish GT4? I'm at 99.8% ALL I need to finish it is Mission 34 :(

Mission 34
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.