Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerworks Bbk
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 14 2006, 08:04 PM Wrote:so the powerworks kit has an optional BBK TB or does it come standard?

or is there even a PW BBK out?

im confuzzled
[right][snapback]174825[/snapback][/right]

The Powerworks kit is supplied with a BBK throttle body as standard, but I have the Big Boost Kit running 14 to 15 psi boost. The SC snout and pulley wheel was initially destined for Mitch's car, but he graciously let me have it :D
Focus ST170, Powerworks Big Boost SC kit, gasflowed ported and polished cylinder head, Piper exhaust cam vernier pulley, Hayward & Scott custom exhaust, RT Sports CAT, Omex 710 engine management, Magnecor KV-85 HT leads, Fidanza aluminium flywheel, Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch, Black Diamond front brake discs, Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads, EGR bodykit and spoiler, Cervinis Mach 5 bonnet, Defi gauges, Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter.
To come.....Staenz conn rods, JE custom pistons, Aquamist, Mocal oil cooler, KW Variant II coilovers, H&R anti-roll bars, Hughes Eng rear strut brace, uprated oil pump, LCR Camber plates, Rear camber bolts, Ferriday exhaust gasket, wheels.
With, ported head, cams, exhaust, cam gears. Just bolt on it's only 209whp, I want 300whp, nothing less! It's PW or precision turbo right now, but I got time to pick.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
euro,Mar 15 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:With, ported head, cams, exhaust, cam gears. Just bolt on it's only 209whp, I want 300whp, nothing less! It's PW or precision turbo right now, but I got time to pick.
[right][snapback]175036[/snapback][/right]
umm, bolt on a PW kit and it's 220fwhp
add in a full exhaust and it's about 225-230fwhp
add in our cams and it's 250fwhp
add in a better tune and you are close to 270fwhp or even more if you can push the timing on better gas
add in a BBK and you *SHOULD* be able to crack the 300fwhp mark without interior motor work

add in a built motor and flowed head and who knows...
Well after suffering from a toasted clutch, it was back to the workshop for a Fidanza flywheel and clutchmasters Stage IV clutch, but power was down due to the ancillary belt having stretched.
So back to PE it was for a further belt change and a tweak of the mapping for the idle control.
Now running a healthy 309BHP at 0.9 Bar boost again :D
Focus ST170, Powerworks Big Boost SC kit, gasflowed ported and polished cylinder head, Piper exhaust cam vernier pulley, Hayward & Scott custom exhaust, RT Sports CAT, Omex 710 engine management, Magnecor KV-85 HT leads, Fidanza aluminium flywheel, Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch, Black Diamond front brake discs, Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads, EGR bodykit and spoiler, Cervinis Mach 5 bonnet, Defi gauges, Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter.
To come.....Staenz conn rods, JE custom pistons, Aquamist, Mocal oil cooler, KW Variant II coilovers, H&R anti-roll bars, Hughes Eng rear strut brace, uprated oil pump, LCR Camber plates, Rear camber bolts, Ferriday exhaust gasket, wheels.
[Image: boink.gif] OH YEAH! [Image: boink.gif]
what kind of head do u have installed?
B&G coilovers, Kamakazi headers,focus sport exhaust, 2.5 custom flex pipe, 18" oz rims, 65mm throtle body,ZX3 tuning custom cams,powerworks SC,spec 3 clutch,clutchnet 11lb flywheel,Eibach swaybar package,fs front lower stress bar,fs rear strees bar,svt big brake kit,quife diff,4.06 gears.(2012 plans FR head, 19lb boost & full engine rebuild) Good bye Escape hello 2012 focusBig Grin
mitch i want some cams :)

then my focus would be pushing 250 as well :)
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
DAMMIT!!! You're all making me wanna put a big dent in my line of credit really bad now! Thx! :P
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
ZX3TUNING,Mar 16 2006, 03:54 AM Wrote:
euro,Mar 15 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:With, ported head, cams, exhaust, cam gears. Just bolt on it's only 209whp, I want 300whp, nothing less! It's PW or precision turbo right now, but I got time to pick.
[right][snapback]175036[/snapback][/right]
umm, bolt on a PW kit and it's 220fwhp
add in a full exhaust and it's about 225-230fwhp
add in our cams and it's 250fwhp
add in a better tune and you are close to 270fwhp or even more if you can push the timing on better gas
add in a BBK and you *SHOULD* be able to crack the 300fwhp mark without interior motor work

add in a built motor and flowed head and who knows...
[right][snapback]175124[/snapback][/right]

So Mitch...

With what I have on the car now (Jay's old car from your site), cam gears, UDPs, 4-1 header, coil/wires, copper plugs, flex, 2.5" magnaflow, 80mm MAF, FRPP cylinder head, and hypothetically speaking, water/meth injection, your cams, pistons and rods... what would it net me, and would you recommend it over a turbo setup?
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
sweetg,May 9 2006, 05:24 PM Wrote:what kind of head do u have installed?
[right][snapback]186301[/snapback][/right]

I have a gasflowed, ported and polished ST170 head :D
Honkeytonk Monkey,May 31 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:So Mitch...

With what I have on the car now (Jay's old car from your site), cam gears, UDPs, 4-1 header, coil/wires, copper plugs, flex, 2.5" magnaflow, 80mm MAF, FRPP cylinder head, and hypothetically speaking, water/meth injection, your cams, pistons and rods... what would it net me, and would you recommend it over a turbo setup?
[right][snapback]190812[/snapback][/right]

Umm, didn't know about the FR head or MAF but...

depending on the compression of the pistons, how the water meth injector was setup you could see anywhere from 270-300+... to many varriables to give you a solid number.

as for recommending over a turbo, at the pirce of the PW kit right now, i'd have a hard time recommending anything over it aside from a functioning Flux-capacitor! ;)
Seriously though, you will have a hard time finding a more solid kit than the PW kit. Power potential is great as we are starting to prove.

We just got our Short block back from the machine shop; Blue Printed and Balanced to 9000rpm, custom specs throughout.
Just finished the tranny rebuild with the Quaife and 4.06 Final drive.
BBKs had to be sent back to PW due to shaft issues.
our ported head is waiting to be port matched to the PW upper intake manifold and at the same time, port the PW upper intake.
Custom 321 SS header with 3" collector and Burns Stainless Merge collectors and full 3" SS exhaust is being designed and built right now.
New Clutchnet Clutch and flywheel is sitting beside me.
revised intake track and custom cold air feed designed waiting to be built once car is running....

a bunch of other little tricks are instore for this project...
We are very confident to see ~300fwhp and ~260lb/ft out of this setup on 94oct, but would not be surprized with more. :P

Goals are to retain the stock PW intercooler, stock Rad, run on pump 94, and daily drivable.
Where do you guys find pump 94? In Saskatchebush I've never found anything over 92 and that was the ethanol blend stuff at Mohawk. I'm moving to Edmonton tomorrow, anyone from there give me any ideas where to find it?
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
We get 94 from Chevron and some Petro-Canada stations....
wooow. nice!!! so that is the sc kit, throttlebody, and a port/polished head and a good tune? anything else? what comes in the kit btw? bigger injectors, chip?

that's very nice!!
yeah, those numbers were on a ST170(SVT) engine, flowed head, BBK, PW SVT kit and a custom tune with a standalone ECU and some exhaust work.

Don't forget the Random Technologies Sports CAT Mitch :D

naz Apparently my car was the first SVT/ST170 to be fitted with the Big Boost version of the Powerworks kit. We had a few issues to resolve, mainly with the drive belt and tuning (Omex 710 ECU), but has since been faultless.
Omex has a couple of bugs in the software, which only affect the car occassionally around the 3200rpm mark (a "burp"), but allowed for a dedicated tune for the car.
LOL

BBK in this case is refering to the Big Boost Kit, not the BBK Throttle body..LOL!! :rolleyes:
BBK the TB company, not Big Boost Kit as is avail. for the Jackson racing supercharger kit...
2002 Ford Focus SVT CD Silver: Diablosport Predator performance tune, FC ORP plus Borla cat-back, FocusSport plug wires, FocusSport underdrive pulley kit, VF Engineering rear motor mount, K&N drop-in, FC short shifter, KW V1 coilovers, 17" Rota SubZeros w/ Yoko ES100's, shorty antena, tint, colour-matched trim[COLOR=gray]
Actually this car has the PW BIG BOOST KIT as well as the BBK TB iirc...
ZX3TUNING,Jun 20 2006, 08:51 AM Wrote:Actually this car has the PW BIG BOOST KIT as well as the BBK TB iirc...
[right][snapback]194069[/snapback][/right]

Yup, you remember correctly Mitch :D

By the way, the car also hit 1.2BAR (16.8psi) boost last week :D