Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maliblue Is Dead
Wasn't even speeding. Advancetrac was on, I have snow tires. The car just spun out of nowhere off the road into a pole :(

It was coming up the on ramp headed onto circle off 22nd street. I drive on that on ramp everyday coming home from work, I usually drive way too fast on it. Today I didn't and crashed... WTF? :rolleyes:
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Speed Limits Kill. JJ

Can the damage be repaired? Happy to hear that no-one was hurt.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Thats two in one day...glad everybody is alrigt. Pics? :P
The passenger side of the car is pushed in almost 2 feet, it's a write-off
Luke.

Tarmac.
So you hit a patch of black ice eh? That's horrible... what are your plans for a replacement? And are you planning on selling any parts?

Show some pics if ya can.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Honkeytonk Monkey,Mar 10 2006, 07:54 AM Wrote:Wasn't even speeding. Advancetrac was on, I have snow tires. The car just spun out of nowhere off the road into a pole :(

It was coming up the on ramp headed onto circle off 22nd street. I drive on that on ramp everyday coming home from work, I usually drive way too fast on it. Today I didn't and crashed... WTF? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]174294[/snapback][/right]

you needed the extra downforce going fast gave you.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Glad to hear that you're ok. Seems like today was a bad day to be a focus owner. 2nd accident today, wierd.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Honkeytonk Monkey,Mar 10 2006, 01:54 AM Wrote:Wasn't even speeding. Advancetrac was on, I have snow tires. The car just spun out of nowhere off the road into a pole :(

[right][snapback]174294[/snapback][/right]

What time of day did it happen?
I know the area where it happen.With the weather we have been having anything can happen. Melting during the day and freezing at night.
Glad you are okay.
Sad for the Focus :(
When do you go to SGI ?
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
sorry to hear that.. i'm glad you are ok though! any ideas what is next?
So much for "Advancetrac"....but seriously, glad to hear that your okay.
SVT ZX3,Mar 10 2006, 08:12 PM Wrote:So much for "Advancetrac"....but seriously, glad to hear that your okay.
[right][snapback]174453[/snapback][/right]
Advancetrac is a great "tool" as long as you don't throw out good sense and rely on it. Same with ABS.

Please note: I'm not saying that this is the case here; I'm speaking generally. I see tailgaters all the time that do so because they feel invulnerable because they have ABS.

Glad you're ok at least.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
SVT ZX3,Mar 11 2006, 01:12 AM Wrote:So much for "Advancetrac"....but seriously, glad to hear that your okay.

I'll never denounce advancetrac. It is ectremely useful and it has no doubt saved my ass in the past few years. What happened last night was just plain wierd. It felt almost as if Something shoved the ass end of my car sideways, as if I had cranked the wheel and pulled the e-brake it was so unexpected. Not even advancetrac can counter that.

I agree, never rely on stability control, but when it comes time that your car starts rotating, having the ability to concentrate on steering while your car takes care of the braking is a huge help. I think more people could use the feature.

Anyways I will have my car looked at on wednesday then it's either a write off or I'll send it to Lazer to get looked over. Ive heard lots of good things about them so I'll give them a shot. Given the damage though, I sure hope it's written off. squeaks and rattles for the next few years just won't do.
Luke.

Tarmac.
I feel the pain dude my accident that day wasnt so severe to my car just a few thumb size holes in my bumper and a nice big crack. And a crack in my ST170 headlight( that pisses me off the most). s***ty part is ill probably get blamed for mine stupid taxi drivers they are probably the worst drivers in the world.

2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
Honkeytonk Monkey,Mar 11 2006, 12:45 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Mar 11 2006, 01:12 AM Wrote:So much for "Advancetrac"....but seriously, glad to hear that your okay.

I'll never denounce advancetrac. It is ectremely useful and it has no doubt saved my ass in the past few years. What happened last night was just plain wierd. It felt almost as if Something shoved the ass end of my car sideways, as if I had cranked the wheel and pulled the e-brake it was so unexpected. Not even advancetrac can counter that.

I agree, never rely on stability control, but when it comes time that your car starts rotating, having the ability to concentrate on steering while your car takes care of the braking is a huge help. I think more people could use the feature.

Anyways I will have my car looked at on wednesday then it's either a write off or I'll send it to Lazer to get looked over. Ive heard lots of good things about them so I'll give them a shot. Given the damage though, I sure hope it's written off. squeaks and rattles for the next few years just won't do.
[right][snapback]174495[/snapback][/right]
You know I know exactly what you are talking about. A couple weeks back I was turning a cornor and the back end of my car just kicked out. Now I was not going ver fast at all was a left hand turn on a turn signal. I don't have abs or trac control. But the wheel just started to spin I grabbed it and the car straightened out, otherwise I woulda nailed the curb. The guy in the passenger seat thought I did it on purpose but I didn't. Felt like the e-brake was pulled. I blamed it on black ice, as it was kinda melty and did ice back up again, but I donno.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
sucks about the car, glad your ok.

theres a black 2dr svt focus at jubilee if your looking at another focus.
'03 Focus SVT
wow atleast your ok and the car did it's job and protected you in the crash, if it is a write off then so be it, better then being put back on the road and having you question the reliablity of the car from then on if they fixed it for you.

I will mention it's a good idea to keep a 20lbs bag of cat litter in your car durring the winter or cat or dog food in that same weight class as it helps keep your rear end of your car weighted down in situations like this.... plus the animal food will remaind good past spring.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Mar 11 2006, 07:55 PM Wrote:I will mention it's a good idea to keep a 20lbs bag of cat litter in your car durring the winter or cat or dog food in that same weight class as it helps keep your rear end of your car weighted down in situations like this.... plus the animal food will remaind good past spring.
[right][snapback]174521[/snapback][/right]

Actually I use almost 200lbs of car audio to weigh down my ass end :) It's like I'm always carrying around a couple friends ;)
Luke.

Tarmac.
FocusGuy7476,Mar 11 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:sucks about the car, glad your ok.

theres a black 2dr svt focus at jubilee if your looking at another focus.
[right][snapback]174518[/snapback][/right]

Right now I'm deciding between an R32 Skyline and ZX3tuning's grey ZX3. It's pretty much how I envisioned my ZX5 looking eventually, minus the color. If it's a write off I'll be talking more with him. I've seen his car before (never when I'm i the Focus though...) and really like the way the car looks. The Skyline is in great shape, left hand drive so it's driveable, but it's something I can't just run out and buy parts for.
Luke.

Tarmac.
Wow... if I were you, i'd pick up Jay's Focus for sure!

Do you mind the lambo hinges? Or did he take them off already for separate sale?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Mar 12 2006, 03:48 PM Wrote:Wow... if I were you, i'd pick up Jay's Focus for sure!

Do you mind the lambo hinges? Or did he take them off already for separate sale?
[right][snapback]174578[/snapback][/right]

As far as I know they are included in the car. If I buy it (which means the ZX5 is a write off) then I'll see how I live with them for a bit. If I hate them I'll remove them and sell them, if I like them, then I'll keep them.
Luke.

Tarmac.