Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Cross...
meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 08:29 PM Wrote:you cross, you get the five finger discount.

And I would be happy to accomodate any of you if you did.

You want more of my opinion?  I'll give you a fistfull of reasons why you shouldn't cross a picket line.
[right][snapback]174214[/snapback][/right]

As everyone expected, the unions have become what they have fought, bullies.

GOD BLESS BACK TO WORK LEGISLATION!!!!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 08:29 PM Wrote:you cross, you get the five finger discount.

You want more of my opinion?  I'll give you a fistfull of reasons why you shouldn't cross a picket line.

What you've just read above ladies and gentlemen is the death notice for unions ... it's exactly this kind of ignorant, arrogant, thoughtless, self-absorbed, chest-thumping assault on the rule of law and decency that has the general population thoroughly and totally fed up with unions and looking forward to the day, soon to come, when they are recognized as the anachronisms they are.

Somehow, somewhere union brothers and sisters came to the conclusion that they were special people -- and the rest of us were something less -- perhaps to be pitied but more often than not to be held in contempt; certainly not to be treated as equals.

You may be cute at times and even funny Meford ... but to come on here and threaten violence against anyone who "dares" to disagree with you and cross a picket line makes you a thug and no better than any other neanderthal who uses or threatens violence to get their way.

Grow up.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 07:29 PM Wrote:you cross, you get the five finger discount.

So how is it that the rights of the union come before the rights of everyone else? Isn't the goal of the union to gain fair treatment of its members. So from what you say the union gets fair treatment of its members by treating anyone that may have a legitimate reason to cross the picket line as a lesser person. What a load of crap.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Let me be a little less harsh in the point I raised. It was meant to stir the pot.
That analogy of unions has long been held by the non union population for a long time.
I don't participate in such actions nor does the union condone it.
It was a point to all of you that I understand your point of view as I hated the union when I first joined Ford. Wanted no part of them. But they do provide a service to me and my employer.
My point. That most of you, not all, have a very closed mind about unions and you want to believe this is still the 70's and were all thugs.
I have grown up.
I understand your beliefs.
Now try and respect and understand those of a union worker.
Because that is what is really prevelant in this whole post.
A one sided point of view.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I've got nothing against unions. My dad has been in one for 30 odd years at Stelco. My issue with the teachers strike isn't anti-union i could care less about the union. If the teachers want to be in a union all the power to them but i think with regards to the teachers strike in this case the teachers and their union is wrong. I will not respect a picket line that is founded on the basis of helping the students when all it does it hurt them.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:Let me be a little less harsh in the point I raised.
Good idea – apology accepted.

meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:That analogy of unions has long been held by the non union population for a long time.
And for good reason – unions and union members on strike have long operated in ways that would get the rest us arrested.

meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:It was a point to all of you that I understand your point of view
Sorry – must have missed that part of your post. Was that before or after you threatened to provide a fistful of reasons not to cross the picket line? Okay – I get it – you were stirring the pot.

meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:My point.  That most of you, not all, have a very closed mind about unions and you want to believe this is still the 70's and were all thugs.
I think most of the “anti” sentiment expressed in this thread is pertaining to this strike in particular and not necessarily against unions per se.

Speaking for myself I can tell you that I know there are dozens and perhaps even hundreds of unions that operate in a decent and proper manner. And as I said earlier I support a unions right to strike and to operate a picket line; but there has to be reasonable limits. If the CAW wants to strike Ford, I’m okay with that because the two opposing parties are the only parties with something to win or lose.

In the case of the teachers’ strike however – there exists an innocent third party who is not represented by either opposing parties. My point isn’t that there shouldn’t be unions, my point is that in this particular case there should be a different way of coming to an agreement.

meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:Now try and respect and understand those of a union worker.
And how exactly are we to demonstrate our “respect” for your opinion? Nobody’s telling you what to do or believe or where you can or can’t go. As far as unions go, personally I think they get the respect they deserve – and some clearly deserve less than others.

meford4u,Mar 9 2006, 09:38 PM Wrote:Because that is what is really prevalent in this whole post. A one sided point of view.[right][snapback]174236[/snapback][/right]
What you call a “one sided” point of view, others might simply call a majority point of view. Union members represent a relatively small and dwindling portion of our population – it is to be expected that your union point of view might not be shared by the majority.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Bryan, you really are a nice guy IRL. I mean, you're THAT well-adjusted that you can drink a Melon Ball. :D

However, if I was working in a location that shared a property with a union shop... you'd deny me the ability to get to work?

You're in a union, whether by force or by choice. That works for you, as much in all as it goes against my values and beliefs... and more than a few others here by the look of things.

Should my employer do something we protested against (as odd as it would seem), I wouldn't hamper your drive to work in any way, shape or form. I respect your rights as an individual, above and beyond any other group memberships or affiliations, and your need to provide for your family. If you didn't need to provide for them in terms of an earned income, you wouldn't be there. Plain and simple.

So I ask you honestly, whether we work for the same company and I'm a non-unionized employee, or whether I just need to get to the other side of your picket line for whatever reason... why would you block me? What do you or any of your compatriots hope to gain by denying me access?

Is it a belief that you're seen as "weak" if you don't stop everyone because you're mad at your employer? Do you think you have to impose your beliefs and "convert" more people to bolster yourselves? Are you told to by your union bosses?

Actually, I think the question I need to ask is... what do you think gives you the right to deny me a paycheque simply because you're unhappy with what you make / what your working conditions are, etc. etc? What makes you any better than anyone else here?

Because while I hear you're a really great guy, and you're nice enough in person... that's not reason enough at ANY time.

And I'm on ignore, but whatever :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.