Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pics
First time at the auto-cross with the car finnaly completed.... Really happy with it.

Handles like a charm, brakes like mad, although I'm still waiting for the new master cylinder. Got great feedback, and didn't have a clue how many people knew about the RS outside the Focus community.

[Image: RGL_1850.jpg]
[Image: autox1.jpg]
Alex
OMFG that is sweeeeeeet!
As always, the car looks amazing. Nice to see you're actually driving it, not just building up a showcar trailer queen..

Are you still running the Zetec in that thing?
Looks great man :)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Thanks!

But yeah! Still the zetec..... Cause I'm broke for a while :( so got to save up for the new engine....

I would never build a car I can't drive... Thats the point isn't it?

Alex
thats awesome!!!
just needs a FMIC!!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
are you saving for an RS engine?
"drool"

Love your car man!!!!
Turbo arrived!
nice.
I don't know what engine I will go with.... I still want to go AWD but not sure.

Might go for the RS engine or a Cosworth..... I have some contacts in the UK, so that would help
Alex
super sexy!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
ive been wondering how hard it would be to swap in the powertrain from a Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6-Speed??

its the same motor as the Focus ST in europe and i would think the 2 cars have similar dimensions(NA MK1).

would it be worht the expense? not really, would it be fricking awesome? yes!!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Mar 8 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:ive been wondering how hard it would be to swap in the powertrain from a Volvo S40 T5 AWD 6-Speed??

its the same motor as the Focus ST in europe and i would think the 2 cars have similar dimensions(NA MK1). 

would it be worht the expense? not really, would it be fricking awesome? yes!!!!
[right][snapback]173950[/snapback][/right]

I have all the guts from a Jag X-type minus the transmission.

There is lots of work involved, but yes it would be worth it... The Jag x-type uses the MTX-75 with a transber box...

There is a thread on the FF site about this. The Volvo is highly feasible.
Alex
F'ing sweet!!!!
That has got to be the nicest looking Focus in North America.

Great Job!!!!
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Major props if you go threw with the AWD conversion. I'd like be....your best freind. :P :wub:
THe car looks great, At first glance, I thought it was a legit RS. TOoo bad though. But fo shur ge the RS motor, or something along the same lines. How long did it take you to find/build her??
I'm still hoping on doing the AWD conversion.... Its now just a matter of finding a gearbox. But I plan on driving it a bit before, maybe next winter.

I started in May gathering the parts and stripped the car and worked on the rebuilt.

Then in September I painted the car and I just finished the brake install last week.

Still waiting on some suspension parts and engine mounts, and uphosltery.

The uphosltery is my spring project.
Alex
Flofocus,Mar 9 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:Major props if you go threw with the AWD conversion.  I'd like be....your best freind.  :P  :wub:
[right][snapback]174093[/snapback][/right]
hey hey hey, I thought I was your best friend.

But major props on that car.

It is simply auuuuuuusummmmmmm
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
If I were to ever change the exterior of my car, the look of your car would be it! :bowdown:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.