Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ont. Post-secondary Tuition To Rise Five Per Cent
well on top of a strike, there will be a post-secondary tuition to rise five per cent will come into affect this fall......

Full story
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Well why not, just kick the students while we're down.

Atleast this fall should be my last semester so the increase won't eat into the pocket book too deeply.

Maybe for this fall they should take the money they're saving while the teachers are on strike and put it towards offsetting my tuition increase. Just a thought.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

And my taxes are still covering the additional 300% subsidized tuition fees. Americans are falling over each other trying to come up here for such a cheap education. :o
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Mar 8 2006, 11:10 PM Wrote:And my taxes are still covering the additional 300% subsidized tuition fees.  Americans are falling over each other trying to come up here for such a cheap education.  :o
[right][snapback]174024[/snapback][/right]

wrong, i beleive "out of province" or "out of country" (not sure) students have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to come to school here. they do not pay the same thing that residents pay.

'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
5% come on it's still the best deal you will find around. If your education isn't worth either going into debt for or working a 2nd job for then well get used to asking would you like fries with that..

My sisters BA program cost 37,000USD and her MBA program cost $42,000 US per year.
quick math that's $116,000 plus living expenses. A 5% increase is nothing.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
CanadaSVT,Mar 8 2006, 11:10 PM Wrote:And my taxes are still covering the additional 300% subsidized tuition fees.  [right][snapback]174024[/snapback][/right]
Exactly, mind you, this will be forgotten (conveniently) when it comes to fleecing "dumb, overpaid unionworkers" and their high incomes at taxtime.

I say let them pay what it really costs, and there'll be less students with multiple BAs in basketweaving and paper tole.

If they can't make enough to pay their student loans doing the job they went to school for, maybe they should reconsider their career choices.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
WOW, for my fiance's BSW it cost her about $5000/year(2semesters), and thats low. When I went to college it didn't cost me a dime. The government paid for me, because we were lacking skilled trades. Thanks guys. THe only thing I had to pay for was the books. Even that I could use the books for all three years, and only cost me about $500, and even that my dad paid for me...
I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way. First off don't compare us to the USA cause we are not them AT ALL. Down there it's everyone for themselves do or die.

Education is an investment into the future for the country, start making it harder for your citizens to goto school and we'll see who we turn out to become in a decade. Debt goes up and for some NEVER goes away cause the job market just isn't there cause maybe Company "A" doesn't think there isn't a big enough skill base here and goes elsewhere. The private sector should step in and "aid" colleges and Uni's and it's a win win situation. Post secondary schools as a whole are nothing more than a bloated goat with no one to milk them.... there are Profs and Administrators they make way more than they should. Then the poor ol teacher on the battle field wants a piece of that fat juicy pie and they go on strike.

I think it's absolute crap that if you go to school for say math you are required to take bird courses unrelated to what you want to do. So ontop of having to work during school you have to worry about classes that you could care less about but have to pay for, you need to find time for the courses YOU are interested in and want to take.

my 2 cents

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
ZX5focused,Mar 8 2006, 11:53 PM Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Mar 8 2006, 11:10 PM Wrote:And my taxes are still covering the additional 300% subsidized tuition fees.  Americans are falling over each other trying to come up here for such a cheap education.   :o
[right][snapback]174024[/snapback][/right]

wrong, i beleive "out of province" or "out of country" (not sure) students have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to come to school here. they do not pay the same thing that residents pay.
[right][snapback]174031[/snapback][/right]

Just to clear that up. I mean the americans and other countries are trying to get their education here because it's so cheap here, even without us taxpayers footing the major part of their bill.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.