Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Suspension Problem, Need Some Advice
well, it must be either endlinks or control arms then. strut bearings are definitely not the problem as they have been swapped LOL and the old ones were definitely clicking

i think all we did was eliminate one of a couple problems
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
btw, I talked to a Ford mechanic and he said it's normal for the drive axle to have some slight movement.. I'm thinking it's the control arms. I'm going in Saturday to find out.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Remember that a TSB isn't a recall it's a guide to help a service tech to isolate a problem. The procedure that you're quoting isn't really any different than what any GOOD service tech would follow anyways. The only thing you can glean from the TSB is that for some reason they revised the stabilizer links but if they're tight they should be ok.

It's difficult to diagnose front end noises over the 'net. Not being a smart-ass, but all we can do is point out a few likely culprits.

So when are you going to get the chassis ear? ;)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Saturday she's going in, I'll let them do their thing. But you're absolutely right about trying to diagnose things over the net, it's definitely tough. Either way, something is going on! It's been going on for so long, I hope I finally get this solved.

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Just got back from the dealer. The mechanic said right when he put it on the hoist he could "tell" it was an endlink. He switched out the driver side one. I get in my car, the noise is worse. He checks it out again and says "it's your springs". I know it's not, they just said that because it's a Friday and almost closing time and want to get the hell out.

So the service advisor said, come in Monday and go for a ride with the shop foreman and we'll see what we can find. BTW Jamie, the turning noise we thought was strut bearings wasn't that.. It's worst 10 fold now ever since he switched the driver side endlink.

124whp/129wtq
thats odd....

wanna know what funny tho, i just flipped my front springs because i had em upside down for a bit more ride height, and guess what?

that nut on the top tightened up like butter. shock didnt spin, nothing!

took me an hour to flip 2 springs up front. passeneger side was a b*tch

also, that turning noise **was** better after strut bearings, but honestly, gotta be something with that sway bar. no way the shocks or springs are causing anything as now we cant move the springs (check 1) everything is super tight (check 2) and the endlinks werent even bad LOL they didnt have any cracks in the boot at all and felt well lubbed up when moving them around. who knows.... i guess ull see soon enuff!

Going back to the dealer Thursday to get them to switch the passenger endlink. They should of done both..
1 post! lol

124whp/129wtq
UPDATE:

Jamie is awesome, worked his ass off helping Mike and I with our installs. Thanks man Wink
Mike's header install was a PITA.. She was being real difficult! Until Mike reefed on it with a "screwdriver pry bar" LOL
Got MOOG front end links in, the fswerks lower front stress and an H&R 24mm RSB.. The end links seem to have fixed the noise I was getting. The MOOG ones are heavy duty. The weight of them alone compared to the stock ones is crazy..

Car feels so much better now, the steering is really tight.. Taking those ramps was fun on the way home Smile

124whp/129wtq
im glad to hear even after the drive home it still isnt making any noise. didnt seem like anything we did would correct it!

This might be slightly related to this thread, but after putting on the Saleen Racecraft Springs and Eibach Pro-Dampers, there is a very slight groan when turning the wheels at low speed. I only ever hear the noise when pulling in/out of a parking space or steering wheel. Once moving over 10km/h, the noise is gone.

I had my swaybar end links replace around 10,000km ago, as the originals ones had gone bad from the winter salt. Is it possible that the end links are under/over tightened? The sound is extremely similiar to when my end links went bad, just far quiter, and happens only when parking, versus happening during normal driving.
Damn Jamie, noise is back twofold.. I'm in Sudbury now, it's gotta be the struts. The front end bounces.. it used to be stiff, if I press down a few times it keeps bouncing after I let go.. Gotta be struts.

124whp/129wtq
You're in Sudbury... There's your problem. Bad Roads.

Did you change the shocks when you went to a lowered setup? If not, they're probably blown for sure.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Yeah, full swap man.. springs/struts/shocks..
And yes, the Sudbury roads are definitely not helping.. But I was feeling it on the way down from Toronto. She bounces like mad though..

124whp/129wtq
Bouncing how and when? how stiff are the shocks?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Not the shocks, it's struts in the front..
It used to be really stiff, I would push down on it and it would come back up and stay there.. Now when I press down and let go it bounces and settles.. When I go over bumps at a high speed it does the same thing, bounces a bit..

Gotta be struts

124whp/129wtq
I would have to agree that it is the struts. It should not bounce or continue going up and down after compression. They should just come up and stop. No bounce.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
struts and dont buy more ford racing ones LOL get some kyb's or koni's and give me a shout and we will get em in. your car is such a pita LOL

but would that be fine even though the rear is still FRPP?
Also would the springs work fine with those?

124whp/129wtq
The KYB and Koni's only fit up to 2005, indicated on the FSWerks site Sad

124whp/129wtq
well, you can get an omni kit and never have to worry about newer style s**t, or you can also grab some tokico adjustables the d specs like oscar has, no adapters and everything will fit. go that route i would get a full set and swap all 4 corners and sell the 2 rear struts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aww S***! Suspension Problem! konafocuswrc 22 5,959 05-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Last Post: konafocuswrc
  Suspension Problem focusonthis_88 6 2,861 05-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Last Post: naz